by Mike Masnick
Thu, May 26th 2011 3:13pm
Apparently, the new slogan for Texas is "don't mess with Texas... unless you threaten to stop all flights out of Texas... because then we'll fold." Following the US Justice Department warning the state that if it passed the bill to make overly aggressive TSA gropings illegal, the TSA might have to stop all flights originating in Texas. And, rather than call the feds' bluff, Texas politicians have shelved the bill. Apparently, this means the same bill cannot be reintroduced this session. Some have pointed out that the bill probably didn't have enough support to make it through anyway, but it makes you wonder how much of that was due to threats from the feds.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- TSA's Investigation Into Groping Agents Ensured They Wouldn't Be Prosecuted
- TSA Agents Outwitted By Cory Doctorow's Unlocked, 'TSA-Safe' Suitcase
- State Trooper Disciplined For Taking Photo With Person With 'Well-Known Criminal Background'
- TSA Waves Convicted Murderer With Explosives Experience Through Its PreCheck Lane
- Texas Lawmaker Wants To Make It Illegal To Film Cops From Less Than 25 Feet Away