by Mike Masnick
Thu, May 26th 2011 3:13pm
Apparently, the new slogan for Texas is "don't mess with Texas... unless you threaten to stop all flights out of Texas... because then we'll fold." Following the US Justice Department warning the state that if it passed the bill to make overly aggressive TSA gropings illegal, the TSA might have to stop all flights originating in Texas. And, rather than call the feds' bluff, Texas politicians have shelved the bill. Apparently, this means the same bill cannot be reintroduced this session. Some have pointed out that the bill probably didn't have enough support to make it through anyway, but it makes you wonder how much of that was due to threats from the feds.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- TSA Decides Sorority Souvenir Book Carried By Dozens Of Travelers Probably A Bomb
- Police Cameras Are Valuable... But Not If They Can Alter The Videos
- Laura Poitras Sues US Government To Find Out Why She Was Detained Every Time She Flew
- TSA Blows Off Inspector General's Suggestion Boarding Pass Information Be Encrypted
- TSA Asks America To LOL At Traveler Who Had $75,000 Taken From Him By Federal Agents