by Mike Masnick
Thu, May 26th 2011 3:13pm
Apparently, the new slogan for Texas is "don't mess with Texas... unless you threaten to stop all flights out of Texas... because then we'll fold." Following the US Justice Department warning the state that if it passed the bill to make overly aggressive TSA gropings illegal, the TSA might have to stop all flights originating in Texas. And, rather than call the feds' bluff, Texas politicians have shelved the bill. Apparently, this means the same bill cannot be reintroduced this session. Some have pointed out that the bill probably didn't have enough support to make it through anyway, but it makes you wonder how much of that was due to threats from the feds.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- City Council Using Open Records Requests To See What Members Are Saying About Them Behind Their Backs
- FOIA Documents Expose Details On TSA's $47,000 Coin Flipping App
- Former DHS Secretary Says We Can Make Airports Safer From Terrorists By Rearranging Security Checkpoints
- Techdirt Crowdsourcing: How Will The TSA Idiotically Respond To The Laptop Terror Bomb?
- Cops Getting Free License Plate Readers In Exchange For 25% Of The 'Take' And All The Driver Data Vigilant Can Slurp