by Mike Masnick
Thu, May 26th 2011 3:13pm
Apparently, the new slogan for Texas is "don't mess with Texas... unless you threaten to stop all flights out of Texas... because then we'll fold." Following the US Justice Department warning the state that if it passed the bill to make overly aggressive TSA gropings illegal, the TSA might have to stop all flights originating in Texas. And, rather than call the feds' bluff, Texas politicians have shelved the bill. Apparently, this means the same bill cannot be reintroduced this session. Some have pointed out that the bill probably didn't have enough support to make it through anyway, but it makes you wonder how much of that was due to threats from the feds.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Why Backdoors Always Suck: The TSA Travel Locks Were Hacked And The TSA Doesn't Care
- Texas Attorney General Sues Self To Stop Self From Releasing Documents He Says Can't Be Released
- Here's The Ridiculous Texas Law That Allows Law Enforcement To Pretend A Digital Clock Is A Hoax Bomb
- Police Drop Case Against Kid Who Made Clock, While Mayor Worries About The Impact... On The Police
- Texas Police Arrest Kid For Building A Clock