by Mike Masnick
Thu, May 26th 2011 4:10pm
Disney's attempt to trademark "Seal Team 6," two days after SEAL Team 6 got bin Laden, made the national news as an example of trademark law gone insane. It took a of couple weeks, but Disney came to its senses, realized that it was only going to dig itself in a deeper and deeper hole pursuing this, and has now withdrawn the application. Maybe next time, Disney lawyers will think twice before trying to trademark something so well known.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- NFL Edging Towards Claiming A Trademark On 'The Big Game' Again
- Moosehead Vs. Mus Knuckle: The Most Canadian Trademark Spat Ever
- Key And Peele To Livestream 'Sports Commentary' During An 'Upcoming Sports Game' That They Can't Name
- ESPN Pretends It Saw Cord Cutting Coming, Says Departing Subscribers Old And Poor Anyway
- 56% Would Drop ESPN In A Heartbeat If It Meant Saving $8 A Month On Cable