by Mike Masnick
Fri, May 13th 2011 12:40pm
Another day, another example of a patent system holding back innovation. The latest is that a typical patent troll operation, named Lodsys, is threatening and/or suing a bunch of iOS mobile app developers for daring to make use of Apple's own in-app payment API to offer the ability to make purchases from within their apps. Lodsys lists out four patents that "are available for licensing."
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Apple's Attempt At A TV Revolution Runs Face First Into Comcast Corporation
- Does Patent Licensing by Patent Trolls - Or Anyone - Serve A Useful Purpose?
- Jury Sympathetic To Life360's CEO Sending 'Dear Piece Of Shit' Letter To Patent Troll; Says Patents Not Infringed
- Patent Not Sufficiently Broad Or Generic? Cloem Will Help You By Automatically Generating Dozens Of Nearly Identical Patents
- Judicial Committee Gives FBI The First OK It Needs To Hack Any Computer, Anywhere On The Planet