by Mike Masnick
Fri, May 13th 2011 12:40pm
Another day, another example of a patent system holding back innovation. The latest is that a typical patent troll operation, named Lodsys, is threatening and/or suing a bunch of iOS mobile app developers for daring to make use of Apple's own in-app payment API to offer the ability to make purchases from within their apps. Lodsys lists out four patents that "are available for licensing."
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Stupid Patent Of The Month: Storage Cabinets On A Computer
- Hillary Clinton's Intellectual Property Platform: Too Vague & Confusing
- General Mills Granted A Design Patent On A Tortilla Bowl Because Why Even Pretend Anymore?
- Beijing Regulators Block Sales Of iPhones, Claiming The Design Is Too Close To Chinese Company's Phone
- Apple, Arbiters Of Art, Say Game About Surviving The Gaza Strip Isn't A Game, Even Though It Is