by Mike Masnick
Fri, May 13th 2011 12:40pm
Another day, another example of a patent system holding back innovation. The latest is that a typical patent troll operation, named Lodsys, is threatening and/or suing a bunch of iOS mobile app developers for daring to make use of Apple's own in-app payment API to offer the ability to make purchases from within their apps. Lodsys lists out four patents that "are available for licensing."
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Apple Wants To Stop You Fixing Your iPhone And iPad: Source Says It Will Testify Against 'Right To Repair' Legislation
- Patent Troll Sues Netflix, Soundcloud, Vimeo And More For Allowing Offline Viewing
- Who The Hell Is Actually In Charge Of The US Patent And Trademark Office?
- Basically The Entire Tech Industry Signs Onto A Legal Brief Opposing Trump's Exec Order
- Trump Advisor Pens Almost Totally Clueless Piece About 'Intellectual Property Theft'