by Mike Masnick
Fri, May 13th 2011 12:40pm
Another day, another example of a patent system holding back innovation. The latest is that a typical patent troll operation, named Lodsys, is threatening and/or suing a bunch of iOS mobile app developers for daring to make use of Apple's own in-app payment API to offer the ability to make purchases from within their apps. Lodsys lists out four patents that "are available for licensing."
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Apple Takes Heat For Software Lock That Prevents iPhone 7 Home Button Replacement By Third-Party Vendors
- EFF Goes To Court To Stop Australian Patent Troll From Stifling Free Speech
- India Learns The Hard Way That Equating Patents And Innovation Comes At A Price
- Stupid Patent Of The Month: Storing Files In Folders
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 114: Alexa, Play This Podcast