by Mike Masnick
Fri, May 13th 2011 12:40pm
Another day, another example of a patent system holding back innovation. The latest is that a typical patent troll operation, named Lodsys, is threatening and/or suing a bunch of iOS mobile app developers for daring to make use of Apple's own in-app payment API to offer the ability to make purchases from within their apps. Lodsys lists out four patents that "are available for licensing."
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Disappointing To See Google's Waymo Sue Over Patents
- Inside Another Internet Troll Factory: This Time In Sweden, But With Russian Connections
- Apple Says Nebraska Will Become A 'Mecca For Hackers' If Right To Repair Bill Passes
- Apple Wants To Stop You Fixing Your iPhone And iPad: Source Says It Will Testify Against 'Right To Repair' Legislation
- Patent Troll Sues Netflix, Soundcloud, Vimeo And More For Allowing Offline Viewing