by Mike Masnick
Fri, May 13th 2011 12:40pm
Another day, another example of a patent system holding back innovation. The latest is that a typical patent troll operation, named Lodsys, is threatening and/or suing a bunch of iOS mobile app developers for daring to make use of Apple's own in-app payment API to offer the ability to make purchases from within their apps. Lodsys lists out four patents that "are available for licensing."
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- China Files A Million Patents In A Year, As Government Plans To Increase Patentability Of Software
- Stupid Patent Of The Month: Movies From The Cloud
- Apple Uploading Call Data, Including From Third-Party Call Apps, To Users' iCloud Accounts
- Sony Wants To Patent A System For Scoring Journalists' 'Veracity'
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 94: The Headphone Jack Apocalypse!