by Mike Masnick
Mon, Apr 18th 2011 1:54pm
One of the big stories on Friday was the Federal Government's questionable decision to seize the domain names of some of the biggest poker sites in the world. The indictments against the operators of those sites focus on some of the "money laundering" tactics -- but the early details seem to suggest the only reason some of those sites were doing questionable things to get money was because of the bizarre federal government dislike of poker -- which is mostly driven by big casino lobbying money. Some have been pointing out that President Obama has a history of being a poker player, and even held regular poker games when he was a state Senator in Illinois. Apparently, that kind of gambling is okay. But... this other kind of gambling? Well, the government will come down on you hard for that.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Jeb Bush Compliments Obama For Continuing And Expanding His Brother's War On Terror
- President Obama: I'm A Big Believer In Strong Encryption... But...
- Obama To Germans Worried About NSA Surveillance: 'Hey, Trust Us!'
- DailyDirt: Computers Like To Sit In Front Of Computers And Play Games All Day, Too
- Comcast Supports The President's Net Neutrality Plan, Except For The Only Part That Does Anything Meaningful