by Mike Masnick
Mon, Apr 18th 2011 1:54pm
One of the big stories on Friday was the Federal Government's questionable decision to seize the domain names of some of the biggest poker sites in the world. The indictments against the operators of those sites focus on some of the "money laundering" tactics -- but the early details seem to suggest the only reason some of those sites were doing questionable things to get money was because of the bizarre federal government dislike of poker -- which is mostly driven by big casino lobbying money. Some have been pointing out that President Obama has a history of being a poker player, and even held regular poker games when he was a state Senator in Illinois. Apparently, that kind of gambling is okay. But... this other kind of gambling? Well, the government will come down on you hard for that.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Trump Tops Obama, Hands Over Full Torture Report To Court Previous Administration Refused To
- Get Ready For 'Leak Investigations' In The Trump White House
- Upset About Border Patrol Cruelty? It Didn't Start Under Trump
- If You're Worried About What President Trump Can Do To The Press, Blame President Obama
- With Both Presidential Candidates Claiming To Be Against The TPP, President Obama Kicks Off Campaign To Ratify It