by Mike Masnick
Thu, Feb 17th 2011 3:32am
It's difficult to fathom what folks at Sony's PlayStation group are thinking with their ongoing war against the jailbreaking of the PS3. People did this to replace features that Sony itself had promised -- but deleted -- and the company's response now is to go to war with its users. The latest is that the company is threatening to permanently block any jailbroken PS3 from the PlayStation Network. Yes, it's true that such jailbroken devices can also be used for unauthorized games, but Sony is simply jumping to a huge conclusion that anyone who jailbreaks a PS3 is doing that. Of course, all this is really doing is reminding a lot of people why they shouldn't by a PS3 or other Sony products in the future. Why pay for products where Sony can disable features that it promotes, and then cut you off from additional services if you try to re-enable those features. Who would ever trust that company again?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Sony, Microsoft Lobby Against Right To Repair Bills (Yet Refuse To Talk About It)
- Judge Nixes PS3 Linux Class Action Settlement As Class's Lawyers Victimize The Class A Second Time
- Court Points Out Numerous Ways Using Playstation Network To Trade Child Porn Is A Bad Idea
- Sony Settlement Gives PS3 Owners $9 After Company Made Console Less Useful Via Firmware Update
- The 'Final' Sony PS3 Hack