by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jan 6th 2011 8:47am
theodp writes "It took almost five years, but Apple now has a patent for its Telephone Interface for a Portable Communication Device, which essentially uses an iPod click wheel to emulate an old-school rotary phone dialer. The nine listed inventors of the Rotary iPhone include Apple CEO Steve Jobs. Guess the USPTO couldn't find any prior art for using a wheel interface to spit out numbers and letters!"
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Apple Punishes iFixit For Doing A Tear Down On Apple TV
- Patent Owner Insists 'Integers' Do Not Include The Number One
- The Stagnation Of eBooks Due To Closed Platforms And DRM
- Stanford Professor Insists Consumers Are Helped By Patent Trolls
- Patent Loving East Texas Judge Clips Wings Of Largest Patent Troll