by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jan 6th 2011 8:47am
theodp writes "It took almost five years, but Apple now has a patent for its Telephone Interface for a Portable Communication Device, which essentially uses an iPod click wheel to emulate an old-school rotary phone dialer. The nine listed inventors of the Rotary iPhone include Apple CEO Steve Jobs. Guess the USPTO couldn't find any prior art for using a wheel interface to spit out numbers and letters!"
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Beyond Open Access And Open Data: Open Science -- And No Patents
- Stupid Patent Of The Month: Sharing Your Hard Copy Documents, But On A Social Network
- AT&T CEO Thinks You're A Forgetful Idiot, Hilariously Gives Apple Encryption Advice
- California Legislator Says Encryption 'Threatens Our Freedoms' Calls For Ban On Encrypted Cell Phones
- Qualcomm Says It's Fighting For The Little Guy, While Really Blocking Patent Reform That Would Help The Little Guy