by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jan 6th 2011 8:47am
theodp writes "It took almost five years, but Apple now has a patent for its Telephone Interface for a Portable Communication Device, which essentially uses an iPod click wheel to emulate an old-school rotary phone dialer. The nine listed inventors of the Rotary iPhone include Apple CEO Steve Jobs. Guess the USPTO couldn't find any prior art for using a wheel interface to spit out numbers and letters!"
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Apple Updates iOS To Close Three Separate 0days That Were Being Exploited
- Little Tree Air Freshener Company Sues Non-Profit For Making Tree Shaped Ornaments
- Why Apple Removing The Audio Jack From The iPhone Would Be A Very, Very, Very, Bad Move
- Sen. McCain Unhappy Apple Turned Down His Invitation To Be Encryption Hearing Punching Bag
- Cy Vance Still Arguing For Mandated Encryption Backdoors; Believes Third Party Doctrine Supports His Theory