by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jan 6th 2011 8:47am
theodp writes "It took almost five years, but Apple now has a patent for its Telephone Interface for a Portable Communication Device, which essentially uses an iPod click wheel to emulate an old-school rotary phone dialer. The nine listed inventors of the Rotary iPhone include Apple CEO Steve Jobs. Guess the USPTO couldn't find any prior art for using a wheel interface to spit out numbers and letters!"
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Leaked TPP Chapter Shows How It's A Massive Gift To Big Pharma And Against Public Health
- Nope, You Can't Patent A Generic Idea Like Crowdfunding
- Craziest Part Of Apple's Price Fixing Ruling: Publishers Knew They Were Encouraging Piracy, Didn't Care
- Expired Bogus Patent On Basic Computer Firewall Now Being Used To Shake Down Lots Of Companies
- South Carolina Massacre Results In Apple Going Flag-Stupid In The App Store