by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jan 6th 2011 8:47am
theodp writes "It took almost five years, but Apple now has a patent for its Telephone Interface for a Portable Communication Device, which essentially uses an iPod click wheel to emulate an old-school rotary phone dialer. The nine listed inventors of the Rotary iPhone include Apple CEO Steve Jobs. Guess the USPTO couldn't find any prior art for using a wheel interface to spit out numbers and letters!"
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Software Copyright Litigation After Oracle v. Google
- Tanzanian Farmers Face 12 Years In Prison For Selling Seeds As They've Done For Generations
- FBI Releases A Stack Of Redactions In Response To FOIA Request For Info On Its Purchased iPhone Hack
- Single Choke Point Problems: Apple Removes NY Times App From Chinese App Store After Chinese Gov't Complains
- Victims Of Car Crash Sue Apple For Not Preventing Distracted Driver From Hitting Their Vehicle