by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jan 6th 2011 8:47am
theodp writes "It took almost five years, but Apple now has a patent for its Telephone Interface for a Portable Communication Device, which essentially uses an iPod click wheel to emulate an old-school rotary phone dialer. The nine listed inventors of the Rotary iPhone include Apple CEO Steve Jobs. Guess the USPTO couldn't find any prior art for using a wheel interface to spit out numbers and letters!"
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 119: Does Pharma Really Need Patents?
- For World 'Intellectual Property' Day, A Reading From Thomas Macaulay
- That Story About Uber Tracking People After They Deleted The App? Yeah, That's Not Really Accurate
- Apple Takes Heat For Software Lock That Prevents iPhone 7 Home Button Replacement By Third-Party Vendors
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 114: Alexa, Play This Podcast