by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jan 6th 2011 8:47am
theodp writes "It took almost five years, but Apple now has a patent for its Telephone Interface for a Portable Communication Device, which essentially uses an iPod click wheel to emulate an old-school rotary phone dialer. The nine listed inventors of the Rotary iPhone include Apple CEO Steve Jobs. Guess the USPTO couldn't find any prior art for using a wheel interface to spit out numbers and letters!"
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- FTC Gets $1.2 Billion From Drug Company Over 'Pay For Delay' Patent Scam
- China's New Antitrust Rules Aim To Blunt Foreign Patent Threat
- Supreme Court Sides With Patent Trolls
- New Leak Shows NSA's Plans To Hijack App Store Traffic To Implant Malware And Spyware
- Pretty Much Anyone With Any Understanding Of Crypto Tells President Obama That Backdooring Crypto Is Monumentally Stupid