by Mike Masnick
Tue, Dec 7th 2010 7:02am
Here's a quick one, via Julian Sanchez, who sums the following Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal comic up perfectly: "A short lesson on terrorism, risk assessment, & the availability heuristic"
There are trade-offs to everything we do, and we're still way too focused on this idea of perfect security, while at the same time ignoring the much higher risks in other areas of our lives. This doesn't mean that you ignore risks such as terrorism, but you don't overreact to them. You look for effective solutions, not theatrical solutions.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- What It Looks Like When The Terrorists Win: The JFK Stampede Over Fans Cheering For Usain Bolt
- Twitter Suspends Hundreds Of Thousands Of Terrorist Accounts, Gives Everyone Its 'Quality Filter'
- Did The FBI Get Confused And Arrest One Of Its Own Informants For Helping Create One Of Its Own Plots?
- Judge On Whether Twitter Is Legally Liable For ISIS Attacks: Hahahahahaha, Nope.
- Canadian Judge Tosses Case After Finding Law Enforcement Entrapped Supposed Terrorists