by Mike Masnick
Tue, Dec 7th 2010 7:02am
Here's a quick one, via Julian Sanchez, who sums the following Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal comic up perfectly: "A short lesson on terrorism, risk assessment, & the availability heuristic"
There are trade-offs to everything we do, and we're still way too focused on this idea of perfect security, while at the same time ignoring the much higher risks in other areas of our lives. This doesn't mean that you ignore risks such as terrorism, but you don't overreact to them. You look for effective solutions, not theatrical solutions.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Yet Another Lawsuit Hopes A Court Will Hold Twitter Responsible For Terrorists' Actions
- Belgium Wants EU Nations To Collect And Store Personal Data Of Train, Bus And Boat Passengers
- Families Of Orlando Shooting Victims Sue Twitter, Facebook, And Google For 'Supporting Terrorism'
- The Intercept Publishes A Post From James Clapper's Classified Blog... the 'Intercept'
- Cameroonian Government Calls Social Media A 'New Form Of Terrorism'