by Mike Masnick
Tue, Dec 7th 2010 7:02am
Here's a quick one, via Julian Sanchez, who sums the following Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal comic up perfectly: "A short lesson on terrorism, risk assessment, & the availability heuristic"
There are trade-offs to everything we do, and we're still way too focused on this idea of perfect security, while at the same time ignoring the much higher risks in other areas of our lives. This doesn't mean that you ignore risks such as terrorism, but you don't overreact to them. You look for effective solutions, not theatrical solutions.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Tying Rights To Useless 'Terrorist Watchlists' Is A Terrible Idea
- Baltimore Transit Officials Won't Release Footage Of Freddie Gray Protests Because Everything Is Always About 'Terrorism'
- Judge Doesn't Find Much To Like In 'Material Support For Terrorism' Lawsuit Against Twitter
- Twitter, Facebook & Google Sued For 'Material Support For Terrorism' Over Paris Attacks
- Not Funny: How The OFAC Is Outlawing Even The Lamest Attempts At Humor Over Terrorist Fears