by Mike Masnick
Tue, Dec 7th 2010 7:02am
Here's a quick one, via Julian Sanchez, who sums the following Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal comic up perfectly: "A short lesson on terrorism, risk assessment, & the availability heuristic"
There are trade-offs to everything we do, and we're still way too focused on this idea of perfect security, while at the same time ignoring the much higher risks in other areas of our lives. This doesn't mean that you ignore risks such as terrorism, but you don't overreact to them. You look for effective solutions, not theatrical solutions.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Virginia Towns Using Federally-Funded License Plate Readers To Collect Local Taxes
- Many FBI Agents Find Racial Profiling Useless, But Those Up Top Feel It's Just A Failure To Get Everyone On Board
- TSA Waves Convicted Murderer With Explosives Experience Through Its PreCheck Lane
- French Government Starts Blocking Websites With Views The Gov't Doesn't Like
- FBI Pins 'Terrorist' Nametag On 'Retarded Fool' Without A 'Pot To Piss In'