by Mike Masnick
Tue, Dec 7th 2010 7:02am
Here's a quick one, via Julian Sanchez, who sums the following Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal comic up perfectly: "A short lesson on terrorism, risk assessment, & the availability heuristic"
There are trade-offs to everything we do, and we're still way too focused on this idea of perfect security, while at the same time ignoring the much higher risks in other areas of our lives. This doesn't mean that you ignore risks such as terrorism, but you don't overreact to them. You look for effective solutions, not theatrical solutions.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Cameroonian Government Calls Social Media A 'New Form Of Terrorism'
- Court (Again) Tosses Lawsuit Seeking To Hold Twitter Accountable For ISIS Terrorism
- Appeals Court Affirms NSA Surveillance Can Be Used To Investigate Domestic Criminal Suspects
- YouTube Takes Down European Parliament Video On Stopping Torture For 'Violating Community Guidelines'
- Traffic Is Fake, Audience Numbers Are Garbage, And Nobody Knows How Many People See Anything