by Mike Masnick
Tue, Dec 7th 2010 7:02am
Here's a quick one, via Julian Sanchez, who sums the following Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal comic up perfectly: "A short lesson on terrorism, risk assessment, & the availability heuristic"
There are trade-offs to everything we do, and we're still way too focused on this idea of perfect security, while at the same time ignoring the much higher risks in other areas of our lives. This doesn't mean that you ignore risks such as terrorism, but you don't overreact to them. You look for effective solutions, not theatrical solutions.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Yes, ISIS Is Using Encryption -- But Not Very Well
- Facebook Sued Again For 'Material Support' Of Terrorism, Because Hamas Uses Facebook
- Daily Deal: The Essential Data Analysis Bundle
- Sony Locks Up The PSN Account Of A Man Named 'Jihad' Because You'll Never Guess Why
- Guy Asks Indian Supreme Court To Ban Encrypted WhatsApp... Because People Plan Raves With It