by Mike Masnick
Tue, Dec 7th 2010 7:02am
Here's a quick one, via Julian Sanchez, who sums the following Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal comic up perfectly: "A short lesson on terrorism, risk assessment, & the availability heuristic"
There are trade-offs to everything we do, and we're still way too focused on this idea of perfect security, while at the same time ignoring the much higher risks in other areas of our lives. This doesn't mean that you ignore risks such as terrorism, but you don't overreact to them. You look for effective solutions, not theatrical solutions.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Administration Says Child Porn Provides A 'Model' For Hunting Terrorists Online
- How The UK's Counter-Terrorism And Security Act Has Made Law Enforcement Into The Literal Grammar Police
- Woman Files Ridiculous Lawsuit Against Twitter For 'Providing Material Support' To ISIS
- President Obama's State Of The Union: Praises Open Internet... Complains About Terrorists Using Open Internet
- FBI Turns 18-Year-Old With An IQ Of 51 Into A Terrorist; Dumps Case Into Laps Of Local Prosecutors