by Mike Masnick
Tue, Nov 2nd 2010 7:33am
There have been plenty of "mafia" or "mobster" related games available these days: on gaming consoles, on mobile devices and (especially) on social networks. It kinda makes you wonder what real mobsters think of them all. Well, at least in one case, we have an idea. Glyn Moody points us to the news that Gerlandino Messina, described as "Sicily's no.2 boss," was arrested last weekend and when police showed up to take him away, he was playing The Godfather game on his Xbox. The game, of course, is based on the movie of the same name and is all about the mafia. You see, in the virtual world, you don't actually go to jail (or get shot). Seems safer.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Amidst The Game Release Boom On Steam, It's Time For Valve To Weaponize Its Community For Curation
- Game Developer Chooses To Connect With Pirates, Reaps Rewards As A Result
- Digital Homicide Sues Steam Reviewers, Steam Drops It Like It's Hot
- DailyDirt: Badminton Robots FTW
- Apple, Arbiters Of Art, Say Game About Surviving The Gaza Strip Isn't A Game, Even Though It Is