by Mike Masnick
Mon, Aug 30th 2010 2:04pm
This is unfortunate. The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has certainly been hard at work trying to improve healthcare around the world, but the latest news is that the Foundation has decided to invest in Monsanto, a company famous for widely abusing intellectual property laws to make people a lot less healthy, to increase the cost of some key foods important to feeding the hungry and to generally scare researchers from sharing important information with one another, for fear that it will be patented and locked up. If the Foundation really believes in making people around the globe healthier, it wouldn't be investing in Monsanto, but working hard to break down the barriers that Monsanto has put up to making people around the world healthy.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Supreme Court Sides With Patent Trolls
- Monsanto And Syngenta About To Receive Dozens Of Patents On Unpatentable Plants
- Patent Troll's Frivolous Attack On Startup Forces Startup To Sell Out To Another Patent Troll
- Guatemala Resists 'Monsanto Law' Required As Part Of Trade Agreement With US
- Bracket Watch: EA Upset Early, Comcast Beats Monsanto For 'Worst Company' Award