by Mike Masnick
Wed, Aug 11th 2010 6:02pm
It's almost not worth mentioning because everyone knew this was going to happen one way or the other from the time Viacom first sued YouTube in the first place, no matter what the outcome of the initial case. However, with Google/YouTube getting summary judgment in its favor back in June, it was only a matter of dotting all the i's and crossing all the t's on the paperwork for Viacom's appeal (well, technically, Viacom needed to wait for the original summary judgment to be official). That's all been done and the appeal is now officially in motion, with the paperwork filed to start the appeals process. Get ready for a few more years of back and forth arguments before any of this means anything.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Digital Orphans: The Massive Cultural Black Hole On Our Horizon
- Just About Everything About Twitter Suspending Deadspin And SBNation Accounts Is Ridiculous
- Wikileaks Releases Final Intellectual Property Chapter Of TPP Before Official Release
- DailyDirt: Can't We Just Play Games For Fun?
- Amazon Bans Sale Of Competing Apple TV, Chromecast Devices To 'Avoid Customer Confusion'