by Mike Masnick
Mon, Aug 2nd 2010 6:39am
Apparently, the movie studio execs in Hollywood who brought you such classic films as The Wedding Crashers only likes to glorify the idea of crashing parties when it's not their parties. They've evidently convinced politicians representing the state of California that rather than fixing some of the massive problems with the bankrupt state, they should create a special new form of trespassing law to stop party crashers. Essentially, the movie studios are upset that people kept sneaking into their big awards shows and related events, and they don't feel that existing trespassing laws are enough, so they want to throw such party crashers in jail for six months. Nice to know that Hollywood, and the politicians who work for Hollywood, have their priorities straight.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- FBI Found To Be Harvesting Surreptitious Recordings Around Two Other California Courthouses
- Revenge Porn Creep Kevin Bollaert's Appeal Underway... And Actually Raises Some Important Issues
- California Assembly Looks To Push Cities To Copyright & Trademark Everything They Can
- California Lawmakers Manage To Turn Encrypted Phone Ban Legislation Into Encryption Backdoor Legislation
- ISPs Are Blocking Google Fiber's Access To Utility Poles In California