by Mike Masnick
Tue, Jul 13th 2010 6:19am
Michael Scott points us to the news that a bunch of big record labels have found their latest target for copyright infringement lawsuits: porn websites. Apparently, some of the websites that make their own videos have been including popular songs -- and some (*gasp*!) even show the actors lip-syncing along. It seems that the porn sites chose songs with... descriptive titles: Justin Timberlake's SexyBack, Michael Jackson's Don't Stop (Til You Get Enough) and Katy Perry's I Kissed a Girl. Assuming this ever gets to court, you have to imagine it will make for an interesting day in the courtroom when the "evidence" is shown.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Immigration Board Says You Can Be Deported For Copyright Infringement
- The EU's Proposed Copyright Directive Is Likely To Be A Wonderful Gift -- For US Internet Giants
- Movie Theater Security Guards Assault Women, Claim They Were Pirating Movie
- For The Gander: Bahnhof Sends Copyright Troll Spridningskollen A Trademark Violation Settlement Letter
- Macedonia Copyright Collection Group Forces All Macedonian Music Off Of All Macedonian Broadcasts