by Mike Masnick
Fri, Mar 26th 2010 11:45am
It really is incredible how screwed up some things are at the major record labels. The latest, via David Johnson, is that it appears (at least as of this writing) that Beyonce's official YouTube channel is blocked in the US due to a copyright infringement issue. I have no idea about if it's blocked elsewhere, but perhaps readers from other countries can let us know. In case they get this sorted out, here's a screenshot:
We saw this happen a while back when YouTube and Warner Music had a dispute about a deal, but I was pretty sure that YouTube and Sony Music had a deal in place. Either way, there seems to be some sort of confusion going on.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Company Sends Bogus Copyright Takedown Over Hacking Team Docs
- DailyDirt: Terminators From The Future Are Already Here..?
- MPAA Argues That Sony Emails Shouldn't Be Used As Evidence In Google Lawsuit
- UK Publishers Don't See Why Anyone's Complaining About Copyright Law
- How Section 1201 Of The Copyright Statute Threatens Innovation