by Mike Masnick
Mon, Nov 2nd 2009 1:40am
Dave W alerts us to a story in the UK of how (allegedly) 11 city council members in a small rural town resigned from the council after getting annoyed by a local blogger criticizing them. Dave notes that the blog in question isn't too bad, but also notes that such city councils are often staffed by people who do the job because no one else wants to do it. Still, if you're going to hold some sort of public office, at some point you would think that you would learn how to take some criticism. It makes me wonder if there's really more to this story beyond just a critical blogger and thin-skinned council members.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- The Ousting Of Trump's National Security Advisor Shows Just How Dangerous 'Lawful' Domestic Surveillance Is
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 107: Changing Government Starts With You
- Dear Lawmakers: Five Years Ago The Internet Rose Up In Protest & We're Still Watching
- Donald Trump Demonstrating How Much Of Our Political System Is Based On Tradition & Custom, Not Rules
- Sarah Palin Now Thinks Julian Assange Is A Really Nifty Guy