by Mike Masnick
Mon, Nov 2nd 2009 1:40am
Dave W alerts us to a story in the UK of how (allegedly) 11 city council members in a small rural town resigned from the council after getting annoyed by a local blogger criticizing them. Dave notes that the blog in question isn't too bad, but also notes that such city councils are often staffed by people who do the job because no one else wants to do it. Still, if you're going to hold some sort of public office, at some point you would think that you would learn how to take some criticism. It makes me wonder if there's really more to this story beyond just a critical blogger and thin-skinned council members.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Yes, There's Lots Of Fake News On Facebook, But Is It Really Changing Anyone's Mind?
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 99: Debating The Facebook Filter Bubble, With Mathew Ingram
- If You're Blaming Facebook For The Election Results, You're An Idiot
- FBI Opens Internal Investigation Into One Of Its Own Twitter Accounts Because Good Lord This Year Is So Stupid
- How One Young Black Man Supporting Trump Massively Skews The LA Times Presidential Poll