In the first half of this decade, the press liked to cheer on those hedge fund bosses, who abused the financial system to great wealth. These days, of course, with the economy in the tank, the press needs to find some other class of system-abusers to cheer on. As Copycense notes, it looks like DC lobbyists may be getting the celebrity treatment these days, similar to the hedge fund batch a few years ago. It's as if the press gleefully looks for those who abuse the system for greed to celebrate. What a shame.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Audits Of Asset Forfeiture Program Uncover Funds Used To Pay Student Loans, Property Used As Rent-Free Housing
- Canadian Court Ponders If A Disagreement On Twitter Constitutes Criminal Harassment
- Dancing Babies, The DMCA, Fair Use And Whether Companies Should Pay For Bogus Takedowns
- Revealed Emails Show How Industry Lobbyists Basically Wrote The TPP
- AT&T: Broadband Usage Caps Are Awesome, And Preventing Us From Abusing Them Is A Horrible Injustice