by Mike Masnick
Fri, Sep 25th 2009 10:43am
Well, here's a fun one. Apparently someone has created a space invaders type video game... where every "alien" is randomly associated with a file (any file) on your hard drive. If you kill the alien... or the alien kills you, the game will delete that particular file. It's like playing Russian Roulette with a fully loaded gun. I imagine no one is stupid enough to actually play... though I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't make a version where killing the aliens at least saves some files. That way, at least, you'd have more incentive to play well...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Counterpoint: As Denuvo Lauds Its Weeks-Long Control, 20 Year Old Game Still Selling Due To Its Modding Community
- 2012 Research Paper Linking Video Games And Violence Finally Retracted Over Massaged Data Accusation
- South Korea Joins The Club That Uses Video Game Footage To Proclaim Themselves Awesome At War
- Red Cross Claims Makers Of 'Prison Architect' Violated The Geneva Conventions By Using A Red Cross
- Game Developer Tried Threatening Game Reviewer And Posting Fake Steam Reviews To Be Successful; It Didn't Work