by Mike Masnick
Fri, Sep 25th 2009 10:43am
Well, here's a fun one. Apparently someone has created a space invaders type video game... where every "alien" is randomly associated with a file (any file) on your hard drive. If you kill the alien... or the alien kills you, the game will delete that particular file. It's like playing Russian Roulette with a fully loaded gun. I imagine no one is stupid enough to actually play... though I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't make a version where killing the aliens at least saves some files. That way, at least, you'd have more incentive to play well...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Amidst The Game Release Boom On Steam, It's Time For Valve To Weaponize Its Community For Curation
- Electronic Arts Unveils New Policy For Marking YouTube Videos As 'Supported' Or 'Advertisement'
- Video Game Voice Actor Strike Devolves Into Petty Trademark Dispute
- Sega/Steam Took Down A Bunch Of Legitimate Steam Workshop Mods Over Copyright Concerns
- Shadow Warrior 2 Developers: We'd Rather Spend Our Time Making A Great Game Than Worrying About Piracy