by Mike Masnick
Fri, Sep 25th 2009 10:43am
Well, here's a fun one. Apparently someone has created a space invaders type video game... where every "alien" is randomly associated with a file (any file) on your hard drive. If you kill the alien... or the alien kills you, the game will delete that particular file. It's like playing Russian Roulette with a fully loaded gun. I imagine no one is stupid enough to actually play... though I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't make a version where killing the aliens at least saves some files. That way, at least, you'd have more incentive to play well...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- UK Crime Agency's Latest Moral Panic: Kids Modding Videogames May Be A Gateway To Becoming Criminal Hackers
- Denuvo Strikes Back: The DRM Has Been Patched And Is Working... For Now
- eSports Gets An Introduction To Major College Sports At The University Of Utah
- Studies: New Source For Therapy For PTSD And Addiction Is Mind-Rotting Video Games
- Counterpoint: As Denuvo Lauds Its Weeks-Long Control, 20 Year Old Game Still Selling Due To Its Modding Community