by Mike Masnick
Mon, Jul 27th 2009 10:58pm
Back in April, we had a story about how Taser was suing Second Life's parent company Linden Lab because some users in the game had created fake Taser-like virtual stun guns. Yes, seriously. It was hard to see how Linden Lab would be responsible for the actions of its users, but Taser has a long history of being ridiculously overaggressive in trying to protect its brand. However, perhaps someone explained how unlikely its chances were in court, because the company has dropped the lawsuit. Anyone know if Taser-like devices are still around in Second Life?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Chanel Goes After 2 Person Chocolate Company Over The Number Five
- 70's Band 'Player' Sues Keith Urban For His 'Player Guitar Kit' For Trademark Violation
- EU Court Lawyer Advises Against Granting Trademark For Kit Kat Shape
- DailyDirt: In Money We Trust
- Appeals Court Says Tasers Can Be Excessive Force