by Mike Masnick
Wed, Jul 22nd 2009 4:48am
It was just a few weeks ago that we were suggesting all the talk about YouTube's inability to be profitable was suspect, and there was increasing evidence not that YouTube was profitable yet, but that the claims of how much they were losing didn't take into account the real situation. Still, it comes as a bit of a surprise for Google to come out with a blog post that basically tells everyone that they are way, way, way off in thinking that YouTube is a huge money loser for the company. The reason it's a surprise is because it actually seemed like Google enjoyed having people think that YouTube was such a loser, since it held back competition. Perhaps there was some fear that it was also holding down the stock price or something. Either way, hopefully we can put to rest the silly idea that YouTube is some sort of blackhole for money.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Appeals Court Rejects Silly Case Against Google Over Search Results Summary
- MPAA Front Group, Pretending To Represent Consumer Interests, Slams CloudFlare For Not Censoring The Internet
- Awesome Stuff: Don't Miss Our New Takedown T-Shirt/Hoodie!
- Newt Gingrich: Merely Visiting An ISIS Or Al Qaeda Website Should Be A Felony
- Store Owner Sues Baton Rouge Police For Seizing His CCTV Recording Of Alton Sterling Shooting