by Mike Masnick
Wed, Jul 22nd 2009 4:48am
It was just a few weeks ago that we were suggesting all the talk about YouTube's inability to be profitable was suspect, and there was increasing evidence not that YouTube was profitable yet, but that the claims of how much they were losing didn't take into account the real situation. Still, it comes as a bit of a surprise for Google to come out with a blog post that basically tells everyone that they are way, way, way off in thinking that YouTube is a huge money loser for the company. The reason it's a surprise is because it actually seemed like Google enjoyed having people think that YouTube was such a loser, since it held back competition. Perhaps there was some fear that it was also holding down the stock price or something. Either way, hopefully we can put to rest the silly idea that YouTube is some sort of blackhole for money.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Senior Brazilian Court Says 'Right To Be Forgotten' Cannot Be Imposed On Search Engines
- Electronic Arts Unveils New Policy For Marking YouTube Videos As 'Supported' Or 'Advertisement'
- YouTube Finally Buries The Hatchet With GEMA, Meaning People In Germany Can Watch Videos Again
- YouTube Takes Down European Parliament Video On Stopping Torture For 'Violating Community Guidelines'
- EFF Heads To Court To Fight Off Smart Grid Company That Can't Wrap Its Mind Around Section 230 Protections