by Mike Masnick
Wed, Jul 22nd 2009 4:48am
It was just a few weeks ago that we were suggesting all the talk about YouTube's inability to be profitable was suspect, and there was increasing evidence not that YouTube was profitable yet, but that the claims of how much they were losing didn't take into account the real situation. Still, it comes as a bit of a surprise for Google to come out with a blog post that basically tells everyone that they are way, way, way off in thinking that YouTube is a huge money loser for the company. The reason it's a surprise is because it actually seemed like Google enjoyed having people think that YouTube was such a loser, since it held back competition. Perhaps there was some fear that it was also holding down the stock price or something. Either way, hopefully we can put to rest the silly idea that YouTube is some sort of blackhole for money.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- France Passes Copyright Law Demanding Royalties For Every Image Search Engines Index Online
- How Is This Not A Net Neutrality Violation, Sprint?
- The FBI's Megaupload Domains Are Now Hosting Porn Ads
- Newspaper Archive Disappears From Google, Because Company Wants To Cash In
- Mexican Government Officials Have Press Creds Withdrawn From Olympics Over Uploaded Cell Phone Footage