by Mike Masnick
Wed, Jul 22nd 2009 4:48am
It was just a few weeks ago that we were suggesting all the talk about YouTube's inability to be profitable was suspect, and there was increasing evidence not that YouTube was profitable yet, but that the claims of how much they were losing didn't take into account the real situation. Still, it comes as a bit of a surprise for Google to come out with a blog post that basically tells everyone that they are way, way, way off in thinking that YouTube is a huge money loser for the company. The reason it's a surprise is because it actually seemed like Google enjoyed having people think that YouTube was such a loser, since it held back competition. Perhaps there was some fear that it was also holding down the stock price or something. Either way, hopefully we can put to rest the silly idea that YouTube is some sort of blackhole for money.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- YouTube Wins This Round In Germany In The Stupid Neverending War With GEMA Over Streaming Rates
- DailyDirt: Winning Isn't Everything
- Pick A Side: Video Of Creepy Girls Singing To Donald Trump Taken Down Over Copyright On WWI Song
- Guitar Hero YouTuber Sings Acapella Version To Get Around ContentID Takedowns... Probably Is Still Violating Copyright Law
- City Of Chicago 'Embraces' Transparency By Releasing Shooting Video To Draw Attention Away From Attorney Misconduct