by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jul 16th 2009 7:10am
Didn't expect this one. With France pushing forward yet again with a three strikes law, Laurent GUERBY points us to the news that France's new culture minister, Fredic Mitterand has said that he wished he was downloaded more often (translated by Google from French -- Updated to fix poor original translation -- thanks Laurent!) and that he got two internet connections, just in case he got cut off by a three strikes law. He also admits that his son downloads unauthorized content often. That's probably not what the entertainment industry wanted to hear.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Digital Rights Group And ISPs Bring Legal Challenge Against New French Surveillance Law
- French Minister Thinks Netflix Needs To Pay ISPs A 'Bandwidth Tax' To 'Level The Playing Field'
- How The Great Firewall Of China Caused A DDOS Attack In France
- French Government Declares Independence From Free Speech: Broad Internet Take-Down Powers Now In Place
- French Gov't Warns Citizens About Shifty Folks Who Don't Eat Delicious French Baguettes