by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jul 2nd 2009 6:30am
As we speculated earlier this week, given the silence from the Jammie Thomas camp since the $1.92 million verdict against her, we assumed she was gearing up for an appeal -- and that's now been confirmed. Thomas' lawyer has announced that Thomas has decided to appeal, questioning the constitutionality of the statutory damages awarded, which was the obvious attack point. It will be interesting to see who gets involved in actually managing the appeal.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- The White House Has Gone Full Doublespeak On Fast Track And The TPP
- Wordpress Wins Case Against DMCA Abuser... Who Ignored The Proceedings
- Plaintiff Awarded Damages In Default Judgment Against Censorious Dentist Who Billed Him $110,000 For His Negative Review
- Mississippi Attorney General Dares Reporters To Find Any Evidence Of Hollywood Funding... So We Did
- Sirius XM Hit Again Over Pre-1972 Recordings