by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jul 2nd 2009 6:30am
As we speculated earlier this week, given the silence from the Jammie Thomas camp since the $1.92 million verdict against her, we assumed she was gearing up for an appeal -- and that's now been confirmed. Thomas' lawyer has announced that Thomas has decided to appeal, questioning the constitutionality of the statutory damages awarded, which was the obvious attack point. It will be interesting to see who gets involved in actually managing the appeal.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Skittles Photographer Actually Sues Trump Campaign Over Infringement
- Samsung Issues Takedown On Video Of Grand Theft Auto 5 Mod Turning Galaxy Note 7 Into A Weapon
- Who's On (The) Second (Circuit)... And Why Are They Screwing Up Copyright Law?
- Even The Usual Defenders Of The RIAA Are Pointing Out They're Simply Lying About YouTube
- Appeals Court Gives Big Loss To Record Labels In Their Quixotic Lawsuit Against Vimeo For Lipdubs