by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jul 2nd 2009 6:30am
As we speculated earlier this week, given the silence from the Jammie Thomas camp since the $1.92 million verdict against her, we assumed she was gearing up for an appeal -- and that's now been confirmed. Thomas' lawyer has announced that Thomas has decided to appeal, questioning the constitutionality of the statutory damages awarded, which was the obvious attack point. It will be interesting to see who gets involved in actually managing the appeal.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Caution: Prolonged Exposure To Copyright Can Be Hazardous To Human Culture
- Australian Govt.: Just Kidding On That Whole Safe Harbors Reform Thing, Guys
- Congress Leaks Draft Bill To Move Copyright Office Out Of The Library Of Congress
- Why The DMCA's Notice & Takedown Already Has First Amendment Problems... And RIAA/MPAA Want To Make That Worse
- Ding Dong: Silly Six Strikes Copyright Infringement Scheme Is Dead