by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jul 2nd 2009 6:30am
As we speculated earlier this week, given the silence from the Jammie Thomas camp since the $1.92 million verdict against her, we assumed she was gearing up for an appeal -- and that's now been confirmed. Thomas' lawyer has announced that Thomas has decided to appeal, questioning the constitutionality of the statutory damages awarded, which was the obvious attack point. It will be interesting to see who gets involved in actually managing the appeal.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- The Selfie-Taking Monkey Who Has No Idea He Has Lawyers Has Appealed His Copyright Lawsuit
- Photographer Sues Getty Images For $1 Billion For Claiming Copyright On Photos She Donated To The Public
- Russian Copyright Law Allows Entire News Site To Be Shut Down Over A Single Copied Article
- Appeals Court Gives Big Loss To Record Labels In Their Quixotic Lawsuit Against Vimeo For Lipdubs
- RIAA Demands Takedown Of ThePirateBay.org, But EasyDNS Refuses Over Lack Of Due Process