by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jul 2nd 2009 6:30am
As we speculated earlier this week, given the silence from the Jammie Thomas camp since the $1.92 million verdict against her, we assumed she was gearing up for an appeal -- and that's now been confirmed. Thomas' lawyer has announced that Thomas has decided to appeal, questioning the constitutionality of the statutory damages awarded, which was the obvious attack point. It will be interesting to see who gets involved in actually managing the appeal.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Wikileaks Releases Final Intellectual Property Chapter Of TPP Before Official Release
- Inglewood Told To Pay $118k Of Taxpayer Money For Abusing Copyright Law To Silence A Critic
- Appeals Court: No You Can't Copyright Yoga
- RIAA Asks BitTorrent Inc. To Block Infringing Content With A Hash Filter
- Top RIAA Exec: There's No More Music In Africa And The Middle East Because They Need Stronger Copyright