by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jul 2nd 2009 6:30am
As we speculated earlier this week, given the silence from the Jammie Thomas camp since the $1.92 million verdict against her, we assumed she was gearing up for an appeal -- and that's now been confirmed. Thomas' lawyer has announced that Thomas has decided to appeal, questioning the constitutionality of the statutory damages awarded, which was the obvious attack point. It will be interesting to see who gets involved in actually managing the appeal.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Flickr Now Officially Supports Public Domain Dedications
- Competition In The Music Space Is Great: Fragmentation In The Music Space Is Dangerous
- How The TPP Agreement Could Be Used To Undermine Free Speech And Fair Use In The US
- Mississippi Attorney General Dares Reporters To Find Any Evidence Of Hollywood Funding... So We Did
- Sirius XM Hit Again Over Pre-1972 Recordings