by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jul 2nd 2009 6:30am
As we speculated earlier this week, given the silence from the Jammie Thomas camp since the $1.92 million verdict against her, we assumed she was gearing up for an appeal -- and that's now been confirmed. Thomas' lawyer has announced that Thomas has decided to appeal, questioning the constitutionality of the statutory damages awarded, which was the obvious attack point. It will be interesting to see who gets involved in actually managing the appeal.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Elsevier Keeps Whac'ing Moles In Trying To Take Down Repository Of Academic Papers
- Do You Own What You Own? Not So Much Anymore, Thanks To Copyright
- Techdirt Reading List: No Law: Intellectual Property In The Image Of An Absolute First Amendment
- RIAA: How Dare The Internet Use The DMCA That We Wrote To Build Useful Services!
- Despite Massive Streaming Revenue Gains, RIAA Still Lying & Crying