by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jul 2nd 2009 6:30am
As we speculated earlier this week, given the silence from the Jammie Thomas camp since the $1.92 million verdict against her, we assumed she was gearing up for an appeal -- and that's now been confirmed. Thomas' lawyer has announced that Thomas has decided to appeal, questioning the constitutionality of the statutory damages awarded, which was the obvious attack point. It will be interesting to see who gets involved in actually managing the appeal.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Bill Introduced To Fix Broken DMCA Anti-Circumvention Rules
- How The DMCA And Anti-Piracy Measures Conspire To Keep Video Games In Their Cultural Place
- Guy Who Took Walter Scott Shooting Video Now Demanding To Be Paid; Everyone Gets Confused About Fair Use
- No, Getting Your Music Played On The Radio Is Nothing Like Slavery
- Mississippi Attorney General Dares Reporters To Find Any Evidence Of Hollywood Funding... So We Did