by Mike Masnick
Tue, Jun 30th 2009 8:46pm
talking points memo
Yet another data point to suggest the predicted "death of journalism" that we keep hearing from the old school newspaper guys is a bit overblown, online news publisher Talking Points Memo has just announced that it's hiring seven new editorial staff. No, of course that doesn't replace all of the jobs lost at newspapers, but it does suggest that online news organizations are figuring out ways to make money and to grow.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Judge Blocks Release Of Anti-Abortion Videos As The Arbiter Of Journalism
- South Carolina Politicians Propose Ridculous Plan To Register Journalists... To Make A Statement About Gun Control
- UK Appeals Court Says UK Terrorism Act's Detention Clause Violates Press Freedoms
- GQ And Forbes Go After Ad Blocker Users Rather Than Their Own Shitty Advertising Inventory
- Investigative Journalism Done Better, Faster And Cheaper Without Newspapers