by Mike Masnick
Tue, Jun 30th 2009 8:46pm
talking points memo
Yet another data point to suggest the predicted "death of journalism" that we keep hearing from the old school newspaper guys is a bit overblown, online news publisher Talking Points Memo has just announced that it's hiring seven new editorial staff. No, of course that doesn't replace all of the jobs lost at newspapers, but it does suggest that online news organizations are figuring out ways to make money and to grow.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Reddit's New 'Upvoted' Clickbait Website Will Ignore Everything That's Great About Reddit
- Motherboard's Version Of 'Valuing Discussion' Involves No Longer Letting You Comment
- Predictable: The Fragmented Media Will Give Us All Our Post-Oregon-Shooting Outrage Blankets
- Army Officials Withheld FOIA Documents To Push Out Its Spin On Head Injuries
- Investigative Journalism Done Better, Faster And Cheaper Without Newspapers