by Mike Masnick
Tue, Jun 30th 2009 8:46pm
talking points memo
Yet another data point to suggest the predicted "death of journalism" that we keep hearing from the old school newspaper guys is a bit overblown, online news publisher Talking Points Memo has just announced that it's hiring seven new editorial staff. No, of course that doesn't replace all of the jobs lost at newspapers, but it does suggest that online news organizations are figuring out ways to make money and to grow.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Over 800 Startups Tell FCC's Ajit Pai Not To Kill Net Neutrality
- How Garry Kasparov Learned To Stop Worrying & Love The Machines That Beat Him At His Job
- Hypocritical CIA Director Goes On Rant About Wikileaks, Free Speech
- NASA Tells MuckRock FOIA Requesters They'll Have To Start Providing Their Home Addresses
- Investigative Journalism Done Better, Faster And Cheaper Without Newspapers