by Mike Masnick
Tue, Jun 30th 2009 8:46pm
talking points memo
Yet another data point to suggest the predicted "death of journalism" that we keep hearing from the old school newspaper guys is a bit overblown, online news publisher Talking Points Memo has just announced that it's hiring seven new editorial staff. No, of course that doesn't replace all of the jobs lost at newspapers, but it does suggest that online news organizations are figuring out ways to make money and to grow.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- UK Prevent Strategy For Identifying Potential Terrorists Identifies 3 Year Old Because Of Course It Did
- Yes, German Authorities Are Pushing Treason Charges Against Netzpolitik For Publishing Surveillance Plans
- Court Shuts Down Police Union's Attempt To Bury Reporting On Sheriff's Dept.'s Hiring Of Bad Cops, Thieves And Sex Offenders
- Chilling Effects: UK Police Admit To Investigating Journalists For Covering Snowden Leaks
- Investigative Journalism Done Better, Faster And Cheaper Without Newspapers