by Mike Masnick
Tue, Jun 30th 2009 8:46pm
talking points memo
Yet another data point to suggest the predicted "death of journalism" that we keep hearing from the old school newspaper guys is a bit overblown, online news publisher Talking Points Memo has just announced that it's hiring seven new editorial staff. No, of course that doesn't replace all of the jobs lost at newspapers, but it does suggest that online news organizations are figuring out ways to make money and to grow.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Just How Wise Is It When Marco Rubio Promises To Swear Off Factual Information From Wikileaks?
- Judge Rejects 'Rioting' Charge Against Journalist For Reporting On Protestors, But Prosecutor Still Looking For New Charges
- Prosecutors Changing Charges Against Reporter To 'Rioting' Because Her Coverage Was Sympathetic To Protestors
- Why Is North Dakota Arresting Journalists For Doing Journalism?
- Investigative Journalism Done Better, Faster And Cheaper Without Newspapers