by Mike Masnick
Tue, Jun 30th 2009 8:46pm
talking points memo
Yet another data point to suggest the predicted "death of journalism" that we keep hearing from the old school newspaper guys is a bit overblown, online news publisher Talking Points Memo has just announced that it's hiring seven new editorial staff. No, of course that doesn't replace all of the jobs lost at newspapers, but it does suggest that online news organizations are figuring out ways to make money and to grow.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Arkansas Legislators Want To Make Corporate Whistleblowing Illegal
- Mormon Church Tries To Censor MormonLeaks Using Copyright, Streisand Effect Takes Over
- Gothamist Purges Stories About The Ricketts Family While Joe Ricketts Was Negotiating To Buy Site
- PR-Stupid JetSmarter Will Charge Journalists $2000 If They Don't Write Positive Reviews
- Investigative Journalism Done Better, Faster And Cheaper Without Newspapers