by Mike Masnick
Tue, Jun 30th 2009 8:46pm
talking points memo
Yet another data point to suggest the predicted "death of journalism" that we keep hearing from the old school newspaper guys is a bit overblown, online news publisher Talking Points Memo has just announced that it's hiring seven new editorial staff. No, of course that doesn't replace all of the jobs lost at newspapers, but it does suggest that online news organizations are figuring out ways to make money and to grow.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Journalists Blaming Facebook For Decline Is Just As Tiresome As When They Blamed Craigslist & Google
- Will The Washington Post Give Back Its Pulitzer And Stand Trial With Snowden?
- MuckRock & Vice Announce Fellowship To Investigate Peter Thiel
- Deadspin Mocks New Owner Univision By Cleverly Reposting Deleted Mitch Williams Story As New Story About The Lawsuit
- Investigative Journalism Done Better, Faster And Cheaper Without Newspapers