by Mike Masnick
Tue, Jun 30th 2009 8:46pm
talking points memo
Yet another data point to suggest the predicted "death of journalism" that we keep hearing from the old school newspaper guys is a bit overblown, online news publisher Talking Points Memo has just announced that it's hiring seven new editorial staff. No, of course that doesn't replace all of the jobs lost at newspapers, but it does suggest that online news organizations are figuring out ways to make money and to grow.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Finding And Responding To The Media's Favorite Ridiculous And Misleading Free Speech Tropes
- New York District Court Denies Immunity To NYPD Officers Who Arrested A Citizen For Filming Them
- DailyDirt: Minimizing Pointy-Haired Bosses
- Ex-CIA Officials To New York Times: Don't Try To Hold The CIA Accountable. The CIA Will Hold The CIA Accountable.
- Investigative Journalism Done Better, Faster And Cheaper Without Newspapers