by Mike Masnick
Fri, Jun 12th 2009 3:38am
It's nice to see a patent lawsuit go in the right direction. A judge in LA has tossed out a patent infringement lawsuit against Nintendo concerning parental controls on DVD players. The only problem? The Wii doesn't play DVDs. Of course, Nintendo still faces a number of other patent infringement lawsuits, but at least this one was dealt with relatively quickly.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Subway, McDonald's And Burger King Sued Over GPS Tracking Patent... Or Something
- Does Patent Licensing by Patent Trolls - Or Anyone - Serve A Useful Purpose?
- Jury Sympathetic To Life360's CEO Sending 'Dear Piece Of Shit' Letter To Patent Troll; Says Patents Not Infringed
- Nintendo Finally To Dip Its Toe In The Smartphone/Tablet Gaming Market
- Nintendo's YouTuber Affiliate Plan Is A Bureaucratic Mess Of Delays And Control