by Mike Masnick
Fri, Jun 12th 2009 3:38am
It's nice to see a patent lawsuit go in the right direction. A judge in LA has tossed out a patent infringement lawsuit against Nintendo concerning parental controls on DVD players. The only problem? The Wii doesn't play DVDs. Of course, Nintendo still faces a number of other patent infringement lawsuits, but at least this one was dealt with relatively quickly.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Leaked TPP Chapter Shows How It's A Massive Gift To Big Pharma And Against Public Health
- Nope, You Can't Patent A Generic Idea Like Crowdfunding
- DailyDirt: Playing Super Mario By Rote... Is Fun?
- Expired Bogus Patent On Basic Computer Firewall Now Being Used To Shake Down Lots Of Companies
- YouTuber Angry Joe Swears Off Nintendo Videos After The Company Claimed His Mario Party 10 Take