by Mike Masnick
Fri, Jun 12th 2009 3:38am
It's nice to see a patent lawsuit go in the right direction. A judge in LA has tossed out a patent infringement lawsuit against Nintendo concerning parental controls on DVD players. The only problem? The Wii doesn't play DVDs. Of course, Nintendo still faces a number of other patent infringement lawsuits, but at least this one was dealt with relatively quickly.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- China Files A Million Patents In A Year, As Government Plans To Increase Patentability Of Software
- Stupid Patent Of The Month: Movies From The Cloud
- Sony Wants To Patent A System For Scoring Journalists' 'Veracity'
- Sega Takes Potshots At DMCA-Happy Nintendo While Being Cool About Fan Games
- Nintendo Shuts Down Fan Remake Of 25 Year Old Metroid 2 Game Because It Can't Help Itself