by Mike Masnick
Fri, Jun 12th 2009 3:38am
It's nice to see a patent lawsuit go in the right direction. A judge in LA has tossed out a patent infringement lawsuit against Nintendo concerning parental controls on DVD players. The only problem? The Wii doesn't play DVDs. Of course, Nintendo still faces a number of other patent infringement lawsuits, but at least this one was dealt with relatively quickly.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 20: How The Patent System Is Broken
- EFF Helps Bust Bogus Patent That Was Being Used To Shake Down Podcasters
- Copyrights & Patents Have Become A Religion; All Data Will Be Ignored
- YouTuber Angry Joe Swears Off Nintendo Videos After The Company Claimed His Mario Party 10 Take
- Nintendo Finally To Dip Its Toe In The Smartphone/Tablet Gaming Market