by Mike Masnick
Fri, Jun 12th 2009 3:38am
It's nice to see a patent lawsuit go in the right direction. A judge in LA has tossed out a patent infringement lawsuit against Nintendo concerning parental controls on DVD players. The only problem? The Wii doesn't play DVDs. Of course, Nintendo still faces a number of other patent infringement lawsuits, but at least this one was dealt with relatively quickly.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- DVD Makers Say That You Don't Really Own The DVDs You Bought... Thanks To Copyright
- Once Again, John Oliver Covers A Techdirt Topic: This Time, It's Patent Trolls
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 21: How The Patent System Can Be Fixed
- YouTuber Angry Joe Swears Off Nintendo Videos After The Company Claimed His Mario Party 10 Take
- Nintendo Finally To Dip Its Toe In The Smartphone/Tablet Gaming Market