by Mike Masnick
Thu, Apr 23rd 2009 1:10am
A bunch of folks have been sending in Scott Rosenberg's wonderful response to those who keep incorrectly claiming that Google is somehow to blame for the decline of news, and should "pay" newspapers. The whole thing is worth reading, but there's one key message towards the beginning: Google is providing newspapers with "qualified leads," normally considered the most valuable type of leads in any sales operation. These are people who actually want what a newspaper is offering... and rather than thank Google for sending them such qualified leads (and figuring out ways to provide enough extra value to have anyone want to pay, the newspapers are whining and complaining about this process.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Japanese Court Orders Google To Remove Customer Reviews From Its Maps Service -- Globally
- Cable's Top Lobbyist Just Can't Understand Why People Like Google Better
- Clueless Publicist Doubles Down On Claiming Fair Use Has 'Expired' On Walter Scott Video; Brags About Profiting From Police Killing
- Our Response To Sony Sending Us A Threat Letter For Reporting On The Company's Leaked Emails
- Sony Once Again Ridiculously Warns The Media Not To Report On Leaked Emails