by Mike Masnick
Thu, Apr 23rd 2009 1:10am
A bunch of folks have been sending in Scott Rosenberg's wonderful response to those who keep incorrectly claiming that Google is somehow to blame for the decline of news, and should "pay" newspapers. The whole thing is worth reading, but there's one key message towards the beginning: Google is providing newspapers with "qualified leads," normally considered the most valuable type of leads in any sales operation. These are people who actually want what a newspaper is offering... and rather than thank Google for sending them such qualified leads (and figuring out ways to provide enough extra value to have anyone want to pay, the newspapers are whining and complaining about this process.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Oracle's 'Gamechanger' Evidence Really Just Evidence Of Oracle Lawyers Failing To Read
- AT&T Sues Nashville To Keep Google Fiber At Bay
- Nigerian Government Officials Abusing Cybercrime Law To Silence Critical Journalists
- Journalists Blaming Facebook For Decline Is Just As Tiresome As When They Blamed Craigslist & Google
- Will The Washington Post Give Back Its Pulitzer And Stand Trial With Snowden?