by Mike Masnick
Thu, Apr 23rd 2009 1:10am
A bunch of folks have been sending in Scott Rosenberg's wonderful response to those who keep incorrectly claiming that Google is somehow to blame for the decline of news, and should "pay" newspapers. The whole thing is worth reading, but there's one key message towards the beginning: Google is providing newspapers with "qualified leads," normally considered the most valuable type of leads in any sales operation. These are people who actually want what a newspaper is offering... and rather than thank Google for sending them such qualified leads (and figuring out ways to provide enough extra value to have anyone want to pay, the newspapers are whining and complaining about this process.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- YouTube Wins This Round In Germany In The Stupid Neverending War With GEMA Over Streaming Rates
- DailyDirt: Winning Isn't Everything
- South Carolina Politicians Propose Ridculous Plan To Register Journalists... To Make A Statement About Gun Control
- UK Appeals Court Says UK Terrorism Act's Detention Clause Violates Press Freedoms
- GQ And Forbes Go After Ad Blocker Users Rather Than Their Own Shitty Advertising Inventory