by Mike Masnick
Tue, Apr 14th 2009 2:24pm
We'd already mentioned that among Josh Freese's hilarious purchase options, someone had bought the $20,000 option -- though no one was entirely sure who it was. Now it turns out that it was a 19-year-old high schooler in Florida, who claims that spending $20,000 on a week with Josh Freese was "totally worth it." Freese seemed to go out of his way to make it into a great adventure for the kid, having him hang out with a bunch of rockstar friends, beyond just the "required" parts of the $20k option. They did, in fact, play mini-golf, though Mark Mothersbaugh from Devo couldn't make it -- so they made that up by having a pizza party at his house. We're still waiting to see if anyone's going to pony up for the $75,000 option...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Taylor Swift's Streaming Rant Nearly Identical To Garth Brooks' Used CD Rant
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 35: Kevin Smith On How To Be Yourself And Make A Living
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 33: Reddit And The Challenges Of Building A Business Out Of A Community
- Top RIAA Exec: There's No More Music In Africa And The Middle East Because They Need Stronger Copyright
- Another GOP Candidate Indirectly Promotes Bernie Sanders By Not Getting Music Cleared With Artist