by Mike Masnick
Tue, Apr 14th 2009 2:24pm
We'd already mentioned that among Josh Freese's hilarious purchase options, someone had bought the $20,000 option -- though no one was entirely sure who it was. Now it turns out that it was a 19-year-old high schooler in Florida, who claims that spending $20,000 on a week with Josh Freese was "totally worth it." Freese seemed to go out of his way to make it into a great adventure for the kid, having him hang out with a bunch of rockstar friends, beyond just the "required" parts of the $20k option. They did, in fact, play mini-golf, though Mark Mothersbaugh from Devo couldn't make it -- so they made that up by having a pizza party at his house. We're still waiting to see if anyone's going to pony up for the $75,000 option...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Awesome Stuff: Auds & Ends
- Yes, Major Record Labels Are Keeping Nearly All The Money They Get From Spotify, Rather Than Giving It To Artists
- DailyDirt: Catchy Music Breakdown
- Get Ready For Classic Songs Of The 50s & 60s To Disappear From Internet Streaming Thanks To Copyright Lawsuits
- Musicians Union Threatens To Expel Composer If He Doesn't Pay Fine For Unapproved Videogame Work