by Mike Masnick
Thu, Apr 2nd 2009 2:46pm
Wired's Epicenter blog notes that a division of EMI has announced the first major record label blog. While it does appear to be true that this is the first such blog, the very fact that it's only happening now is somewhat stunning. What's even more amazing, really, is that EMI is promoting the fact that they're so far behind the times. Yes, they beat the other three major record labels, but just starting to blog now isn't exactly something to hype up. In fact, prior to this, I'd never even thought about the fact that the labels had no blogs -- but in calling that fact out, it simply reminds everyone how the major record labels are so far behind in embracing any type of modern technology. It's sort of like a horse and buggy manufacturer putting out a press release that it had installed telephones in its office decades after such things were common.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Yes, I Was Deeked By Two Hoax Kim Davis Stories Today
- Steve Albini Takes On 'Parasitic' Record Labels And Copyright's 'Outdated' Illusion Of Control
- Appeals Court Rejects Labels' Collusion Scheme To Try To Force Pandora To Pay Higher Rates
- Spanish Court Limits Scope Of EU's Right To Be Forgotten
- Google Gets Prude: Says No More Adult Content On Blogger