by Mike Masnick
Mon, Feb 2nd 2009 10:06am
We already know that at least six US cities have been found to have illegally reduced the timing on yellow lights at intersections where red light cameras were installed. However, over in Italy things have gone even further, with the guy behind one red light camera system now getting arrested for being a part of a scam involving decreasing the time on yellow lights from the required 5 seconds to 3 seconds. Apparently a bunch of police officers and municipal government employees are under investigation as well -- though it was a suspicious police chief questioning why they were seeing so many red light offenders, that resulted in the scam unraveling.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Texas Judge Indicted For Making Secret 10-Year Deal With Red Light Camera Company
- Another Court Says Law Enforcement Officers Don't Really Need To Know The Laws They're Enforcing
- As ISPs Push Harder On Usage Caps, House Pushes Bill Preventing The FCC From Doing Anything About It
- Oh, Look: Yet Another Security Flaw In Government Websites
- The Latest In Reputation Management: Bogus Defamation Suits From Bogus Companies Against Bogus Defendants