by Mike Masnick
Fri, Jan 16th 2009 11:20am
It will come as no surprise to anyone that Warner Bros. Studios and Fox have settled over the rights to Watchmen. It was pretty much a forgone conclusion once the court sided with Fox and said that Warner couldn't open the movie without agreeing to pay up. And, indeed, Warner will be paying a chunk of change, plus a percentage of the profits -- all for a movie that Fox had less than nothing to do with. Legally, it may be right, but from a common sense standpoint it makes no sense at all. Fox did everything possible to say that this movie should not be made. And it took none of the risks that Warner took... but now it gets a ton of money for it.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- TVEyes Hit With Incredibly Restrictive Permanent Injunction By Court
- Fox, Exxon Trademark Spat Of Stupid Finally Ends After Two Years Of Dumb
- Viacom Once Sued YouTube For A Billion Dollars; Now It's Just Released Over 100 Movies For Free On YouTube
- Bobby Jindal Announces Violent Games/Movies To Blame For All Those Mass Shootings
- Netflix Keeps Losing Mainstream Movies, Informs Users They Should Be Ok With That Because Of Adam Sandler