by Mike Masnick
Fri, Jan 16th 2009 11:20am
It will come as no surprise to anyone that Warner Bros. Studios and Fox have settled over the rights to Watchmen. It was pretty much a forgone conclusion once the court sided with Fox and said that Warner couldn't open the movie without agreeing to pay up. And, indeed, Warner will be paying a chunk of change, plus a percentage of the profits -- all for a movie that Fox had less than nothing to do with. Legally, it may be right, but from a common sense standpoint it makes no sense at all. Fox did everything possible to say that this movie should not be made. And it took none of the risks that Warner took... but now it gets a ton of money for it.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- More Creative Hollywood Accounting Revealed In Goodfellas Lawsuit
- Netflix Keeps Losing Mainstream Movies, Informs Users They Should Be Ok With That Because Of Adam Sandler
- Colorado Judge Ignores First Amendment, Allows Prior Restraint In Banning Aretha Franklin Film
- Latest TVEyes Ruling A Mixed Bag: Archiving & Sharing Privately Is Fair Use; Downloading & Sharing Publicly Is Not
- TSA At The Movies: Theater Chain Looks To Bring Security Theater To The Movie Theater