by Mike Masnick
Fri, Jan 16th 2009 11:20am
It will come as no surprise to anyone that Warner Bros. Studios and Fox have settled over the rights to Watchmen. It was pretty much a forgone conclusion once the court sided with Fox and said that Warner couldn't open the movie without agreeing to pay up. And, indeed, Warner will be paying a chunk of change, plus a percentage of the profits -- all for a movie that Fox had less than nothing to do with. Legally, it may be right, but from a common sense standpoint it makes no sense at all. Fox did everything possible to say that this movie should not be made. And it took none of the risks that Warner took... but now it gets a ton of money for it.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Fox In The Henhouse: Uses Someone Else's YouTube Clip In Family Guy, Then Takes Down The Original
- Another Theater Mounts A Legal Battle Against Law Saying It Can't Serve Customers Beer And R-Rated Films At The Same Time
- FCC 'Probing' Whether Cable Companies Have Sabotaged Internet Video
- Without Copyright Infringement, Deadpool Doesn't Get Made
- Theater Sues State Police For Using State Liquor Laws To Walk All Over The First Amendment