by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jan 8th 2009 1:55pm
Right after the election, there was plenty of talk about how President-elect Obama would need to give up email just as President Bush did when he took office eight years ago. As plenty of people pointed out at the time, this seems like a pretty silly concept. There should be at least some way to allow Obama to continue to use this important and useful form of communication -- if only to allow him some access "outside the bubble" of DC. And, indeed, Obama made it clear that he would fight to figure out some way to keep emailing -- especially via his precious Blackberry. However, the latest news isn't looking good -- as Obama is noting that he still has been unable to convince both the security folks and the lawyers that he should be allowed to keep the Blackberry. Apparently, there are times when it's not so good to be the king.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Order This Weekend To Get The Next Batch Of Techdirt Gear!
- Trump Tops Obama, Hands Over Full Torture Report To Court Previous Administration Refused To
- Get Ready For 'Leak Investigations' In The Trump White House
- Upset About Border Patrol Cruelty? It Didn't Start Under Trump
- Some New Techdirt T-Shirts (And Hoodies, And More...)