by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jan 8th 2009 1:55pm
Right after the election, there was plenty of talk about how President-elect Obama would need to give up email just as President Bush did when he took office eight years ago. As plenty of people pointed out at the time, this seems like a pretty silly concept. There should be at least some way to allow Obama to continue to use this important and useful form of communication -- if only to allow him some access "outside the bubble" of DC. And, indeed, Obama made it clear that he would fight to figure out some way to keep emailing -- especially via his precious Blackberry. However, the latest news isn't looking good -- as Obama is noting that he still has been unable to convince both the security folks and the lawyers that he should be allowed to keep the Blackberry. Apparently, there are times when it's not so good to be the king.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- President Obama: I'm A Big Believer In Strong Encryption... But...
- Politician Facing Investigation Tries To Destroy His Emails; Assistant 'Helps Out' By Emailing Order To Other Staffers
- Obama To Germans Worried About NSA Surveillance: 'Hey, Trust Us!'
- The World's Email Encryption Software Relies On One Guy, Who Is Going Broke
- Can Some Internet Memes Finally Get Congress To Pass New Legislation To Protect Your Privacy Online?