by Mike Masnick
Thu, Oct 16th 2008 10:35am
Well here's one for the dumb criminals series. Apparently, some guys with a bunch of forged credit cards and stolen credit card numbers went to Wal-Mart and bought a laptop. Except, somehow someone at Wal-Mart scammed them... and sold them an empty box. The guys got pissed off and went back to Wal-Mart to complain. Not surprisingly, the Wal-Mart employees thought the guys were trying to scam the Wal-Mart -- not with the fake credit cards -- but with the empty box. So they called the police, and hilarity ensued, as one guy tried to run away and dropped a bunch of the stolen credit cards. But, of course, the real kicker is that the guys weren't lying. Wal-Mart had accidentally sold them an empty box. Still, it makes you wonder what the hell the guys were thinking when they went back to complain about the empty box that had been sold to them using stolen credit cards.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Chip And PIN Meets Facial Recognition: Chipping Away At Privacy, Pinning You Down In A Database
- Payment Wars: How Merchants And Carriers Are Trying To Block Payment Systems They Can't Track
- Not Just Governments Hacking Your Computers Via YouTube Videos; Malicious Ads Found On Popular Videos
- Historically Dumb Censorship: Wal-Mart's Refusal To Sell Jill Sobule's Album Due To Prozac Pill
- Why Have So Many Companies Settled Over Ridiculous Patent For 'Online Music Distribution'?