by Mike Masnick
Thu, Oct 2nd 2008 9:10am
In the past, as we've talked about how advertising is content and content is advertising, we've pointed out that many folks who worry about "advertising" on YouTube are missing out on the fact that the YouTube videos are advertising themselves. But, of course, with millions and millions of videos on YouTube, it helps to do something special. Our own Tim Lee sent over this example of a YouTube video about a Nintendo Wii game that's worth watching in its entirety, just to see what happens. Can't say much more about it, other than that you should watch the whole thing. It acts as fantastic content and fantastic advertising in a single shot -- without "overlays" or "prerolls" or anything like that. It's yet another example of how a YouTube video fits in when people recognizes that content is advertising... and advertising is content.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Russia Threatens To Block Access To Facebook, Google And Twitter Unless They Obey New Bloggers Law
- New Leak Shows NSA's Plans To Hijack App Store Traffic To Implant Malware And Spyware
- ESPN Sues Verizon For Trying To Give Consumers What They Want
- Two And A Half Years Later, Verizon Finally Lets People Opt Out Of Its Stealth Zombie Cookie
- When Analyzing Cord Cutting Options, Most TV Analysts Continue To Pretend Piracy Simply Doesn't Exist