by Mike Masnick
Wed, Sep 3rd 2008 7:16am
theodp writes "Amazon was awarded a patent Tuesday for its Interactive Time-Limited Merchandising Program and Method for Improved Online Cross-Selling, which appears to be lawyer-speak for presenting customers with one limited-time offer after another until they finally bite on one or decline them all. So be careful - the next time you offer folks 10% off on a garden rake if they purchase it within sixty minutes after declining to buy a saucepan, you could be guilty of patent infringement!"
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- DailyDirt: Open The Door,
- Beyond Open Access And Open Data: Open Science -- And No Patents
- Stupid Patent Of The Month: Sharing Your Hard Copy Documents, But On A Social Network
- Qualcomm Says It's Fighting For The Little Guy, While Really Blocking Patent Reform That Would Help The Little Guy
- What Net Neutrality? T-Mobile Abusing Its 'Binge-On' Effort To Throttle Non-Partner Video