by Mike Masnick
Wed, Sep 3rd 2008 7:16am
theodp writes "Amazon was awarded a patent Tuesday for its Interactive Time-Limited Merchandising Program and Method for Improved Online Cross-Selling, which appears to be lawyer-speak for presenting customers with one limited-time offer after another until they finally bite on one or decline them all. So be careful - the next time you offer folks 10% off on a garden rake if they purchase it within sixty minutes after declining to buy a saucepan, you could be guilty of patent infringement!"
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Contrary To What You've Heard, TPP Will Undermine US Law -- Including Supreme Court Decisions
- Authors Guilded, United, And Representing... Not Authors
- Obviously, No One Ever Would Have Thought Of Remote Controlled Sex Toys Without This Patent
- Chinese Smartphone Leader Xiaomi Adds Special New Feature In Order To Enter US Market -- A Patent Hoard
- Authors Guild Cements Reputation As Luddites: Hates The Internet And Especially Amazon