by Mike Masnick
Wed, Sep 3rd 2008 7:16am
theodp writes "Amazon was awarded a patent Tuesday for its Interactive Time-Limited Merchandising Program and Method for Improved Online Cross-Selling, which appears to be lawyer-speak for presenting customers with one limited-time offer after another until they finally bite on one or decline them all. So be careful - the next time you offer folks 10% off on a garden rake if they purchase it within sixty minutes after declining to buy a saucepan, you could be guilty of patent infringement!"
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 119: Does Pharma Really Need Patents?
- For World 'Intellectual Property' Day, A Reading From Thomas Macaulay
- EFF Goes To Court To Stop Australian Patent Troll From Stifling Free Speech
- Don't Wait For Google, Netflix Or Facebook's Help If You Want To Save Net Neutrality
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 114: Alexa, Play This Podcast