by Mike Masnick
Wed, Sep 3rd 2008 7:16am
theodp writes "Amazon was awarded a patent Tuesday for its Interactive Time-Limited Merchandising Program and Method for Improved Online Cross-Selling, which appears to be lawyer-speak for presenting customers with one limited-time offer after another until they finally bite on one or decline them all. So be careful - the next time you offer folks 10% off on a garden rake if they purchase it within sixty minutes after declining to buy a saucepan, you could be guilty of patent infringement!"
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Once Again, John Oliver Covers A Techdirt Topic: This Time, It's Patent Trolls
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 21: How The Patent System Can Be Fixed
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 20: How The Patent System Is Broken
- Amazon Quietly Bricked Jailbroken Kindle Devices Last Year
- Amazon Still Won't Talk About Government Requests For User Data