by Mike Masnick
Wed, Sep 3rd 2008 7:16am
theodp writes "Amazon was awarded a patent Tuesday for its Interactive Time-Limited Merchandising Program and Method for Improved Online Cross-Selling, which appears to be lawyer-speak for presenting customers with one limited-time offer after another until they finally bite on one or decline them all. So be careful - the next time you offer folks 10% off on a garden rake if they purchase it within sixty minutes after declining to buy a saucepan, you could be guilty of patent infringement!"
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Supreme Court Sides With Patent Trolls
- Monsanto And Syngenta About To Receive Dozens Of Patents On Unpatentable Plants
- Patent Troll's Frivolous Attack On Startup Forces Startup To Sell Out To Another Patent Troll
- A Gronking To Remember Is Immortalized In Lawsuit Against Apple/Amazon/Author
- Amazon Quietly Bricked Jailbroken Kindle Devices Last Year