by Mike Masnick
Wed, Sep 3rd 2008 7:16am
theodp writes "Amazon was awarded a patent Tuesday for its Interactive Time-Limited Merchandising Program and Method for Improved Online Cross-Selling, which appears to be lawyer-speak for presenting customers with one limited-time offer after another until they finally bite on one or decline them all. So be careful - the next time you offer folks 10% off on a garden rake if they purchase it within sixty minutes after declining to buy a saucepan, you could be guilty of patent infringement!"
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 96: Death Knell For Software Patents
- ...And Here Come The Device-Restricted Music Subscriptions
- Antitrust Suit Alleges Pharma Company Rubbished Its Own Product In Order To Stave Off Competition From Generics
- FTC Releases Big Report On Patent Trolls, Says The Patent System Needs To Change
- New California Law Attempts To Fight Hollywood Ageism By Censoring Third-Party Websites