by Mike Masnick
Wed, Sep 3rd 2008 7:16am
theodp writes "Amazon was awarded a patent Tuesday for its Interactive Time-Limited Merchandising Program and Method for Improved Online Cross-Selling, which appears to be lawyer-speak for presenting customers with one limited-time offer after another until they finally bite on one or decline them all. So be careful - the next time you offer folks 10% off on a garden rake if they purchase it within sixty minutes after declining to buy a saucepan, you could be guilty of patent infringement!"
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Patent Troll Sues Netflix, Soundcloud, Vimeo And More For Allowing Offline Viewing
- Who The Hell Is Actually In Charge Of The US Patent And Trademark Office?
- Trump Advisor Pens Almost Totally Clueless Piece About 'Intellectual Property Theft'
- Amazon Refuses To Comply With Police Request For Amazon Echo Recordings In Murder Case
- Amazon Looking To Expand Prime Into Live-Streamed Major Sports