by Mike Masnick
Thu, Apr 3rd 2008 3:04am
Every so often, somewhere, a research report comes out claiming that mobile phones cause cancer only to be followed a few months later by the latest research report claiming that mobile phones don't cause cancer. It goes back and forth and back and forth. So, we take it with a grain of salt every time some new announcement comes out one way or the other, and that's doubly true with the latest report, as a brain surgeon has declared that mobile phones are "more dangerous than smoking." Of course, there's just one problem: the guy hasn't done any new research. He merely read some of the old research that claims mobile phones cause cancer and is repeating the claims found in them.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Legislators, School Administrators Back Off Cellphone Search Bill After Running Into ACLU Opposition
- Argentina Orders Telecoms To Create A Permanent Database Of All Mobile Phone Users
- Court Shuts Down Argument That Warrantless Seizures Of Cell Phones Is Fine Because Criminals Use Cell Phones
- DailyDirt: Big Data Isn't Necessarily Better
- Lawmakers From The Great Theocracy Of Utah Looking To Block Porn On Cell Phones