by Mike Masnick
Thu, Mar 13th 2008 6:20am
With the growing attention on the issue of "patent trolls" (a term I am not a fan of), it appears that at least one IP law firm is taking a stand. It's come out with an advertisement in which it urges clients not to support any law firm that represents "patent trolls." It's certainly nice to see law firms be upfront about the fact that they believe these types of firms are abusing the patent system, even in such an in-your-face advertising manner. Hopefully tech companies will start asking their lawyers if they represent patent holding firms and will take their business elsewhere if they do. If it becomes a big enough issue, then perhaps lawyers will think twice before representing such firms.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- 532,900,000 Reasons Why We Need Patent Reform Now
- Cerf Warns Of A 'Lost Century' Caused By Bit Rot; Patents And Copyright Largely To Blame
- Elon Musk Clarifies That Tesla's Patents Really Are Free; Investor Absolutely Freaks Out
- Myriad Genetics Finally Gives Up Its Gene Patent Fight... Just As The Patent Office Opens The Doors Up To More Gene Patents
- Study Confirms That Revealing Secrets, Rather Than Hoarding Info, Is Good For Inventors