by Mike Masnick
Thu, Mar 13th 2008 6:20am
With the growing attention on the issue of "patent trolls" (a term I am not a fan of), it appears that at least one IP law firm is taking a stand. It's come out with an advertisement in which it urges clients not to support any law firm that represents "patent trolls." It's certainly nice to see law firms be upfront about the fact that they believe these types of firms are abusing the patent system, even in such an in-your-face advertising manner. Hopefully tech companies will start asking their lawyers if they represent patent holding firms and will take their business elsewhere if they do. If it becomes a big enough issue, then perhaps lawyers will think twice before representing such firms.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Little Tree Air Freshener Company Sues Non-Profit For Making Tree Shaped Ornaments
- Government Accountability Office Study Confirms: Patent Office Encouraged Examiners To Approve Crappy Patents
- Good To See: Blockstream Promises Not To Abuse Patents
- Stupid Patent of the Month: Solocron Education Trolls With Password Patent
- Just As We Warned: A Chinese Tech Giant Goes On The Patent Attack -- In East Texas