by Mike Masnick
Wed, Dec 12th 2007 12:48pm
Over the last few months there's been some talk that Marshall, Texas was becoming less popular for questionable patent lawsuits. If so, someone hasn't told the patent hoarders. The Patent Troll Tracker has come out with his November Troll Call, noting that 244 companies were sued for patent infringement in eastern Texas alone, compared to 162 in Los Angeles, San Francisco/Silicon Valley, New York City, Chicago, Delaware, and New Jersey... combined. Of course, it is true that a number of the Texas lawsuits were against a large number of companies in a single shot, which helps that total get to be so large. However, there's a reason why those who are suing a bunch of companies at once all choose eastern Texas, and it's not because the district has suddenly become unfriendly to patent hoarders.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Open Insulin Project Could Help Save Thousands Of Lives And Billions Of Dollars
- Stupid Patent Of The Month: Infamous Prison Telco Patents Asking Third-Parties For Money
- Chinese Company Learns From The West: Builds Up Big Patent Portfolio, Uses It To Sue Apple In China
- The Ridiculous Rush To Try To Patent Pot
- Full Text Of TPP Released: And It's Really, Really Bad