It's Not Too Late To Submit Something To The Public Domain Game Jam!
from the gaming-like-it's-1926 dept
Gaming Like It’s 1926: The Public Domain Game Jam
By now, you’ve probably heard about Gaming Like It’s 1926, our fourth annual public domain game jam celebrating the new works that entered the public domain this year. The clock is ticking on the jam, but there’s still time — entries are due by January 31st, which means you’ve got the weekend to put something together if you sign up now and get started!
(If you need some ideas on how to make a game quickly, check out Story Synth, created by our partner in running these game jams, Randy Lubin.)
The jam is open to both digital and analog games (be sure to read over the full requirements on the jam page). There are lots of interesting works entering the public domain this year, including:
- Novels, short stories, and poems by Agatha Christie, Ernest Hemingway, Langston Hughes, T. E. Lawrence, A. A. Milne, and Dorothy Parker
- Art by Alexander Calder, Hannah H?ch, Frieda Kahlo, Georgia O’Keeffe, Ren? Magritte, and Norman Rockwell
- Films including silents Beau Jest and The General plus the first feature length Vitaphone films with Don Juan and The Better ‘Ole
- Music by Louis Armstrong, Irving Berlin, George Gershwin, Al Jolson, Jelly Roll Morton, Victoria Spivey, and Sophie Tucker
There are also some great resources out there for digging through the many works you could draw on. We recommend Duke University’s overview and the Public Domain Review’s countdown.
At the end, we’ll be choosing winners in six categories:
- Best Analog Game
- Best Digital Game
- Best adaptation of a 1926 work
- Best remixing of multiple sources (at least one has to be from 1926)
- Best “Deep Cut” (use of a work not listed on any of the roundup articles)
- Best Visuals
And those winners will each get to choose one of our great prizes:
- The Working Futures anthology of speculative fiction
- A deck of Working Futures Cards which you can use in scenario planning
- Our board game CIA: Collect It All (a remake of the public domain CIA training game)
- A Techdirt t-shirt (e.g. Copymouse)
- Digital copies of Behind the Magic and Premise
Many a great game has started with an individual or a small group of people working hard for a single weekend to make a playable prototype, so don’t let the ticking clock scare you — sign up now on itch.io and get to work!
Filed Under: 1926, game jam, public domain
Comments on “It's Not Too Late To Submit Something To The Public Domain Game Jam!”
Speaking of a certain mouse
Good thing no prior art exists, such as (not) this one, which (doesn’t) exist(s) from the 5th century BCE, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Keltenf%C3%BCrst_Glauberg_vorne_links_3.JPG
Горячие девицы производят частный
Systematically visiting the four hands massage for clients, you guarantee himself excellent sexual relaxation.
And while, french massage and not violates practically any prohibitions, for the reason it's not about sexual contact.
The energy massage inSoho it today skill give away bliss. The Soapy massage – on the influence on clients is meant practically unlimited available opportunities actions on bodily, and consequently, and psychoemotional state of health friends.
In school sensual massage women will hold erotic 4hands massage. Similar swedish massage, as in principle, and relaxation, influences on some area human body, this give a chance male gain strength.
Sensitive touch rasprekrasnoy girls will flow through your body, dipping in depth boundless the ocean pleasure. In the quiet slip, donating your skin kisses, prelestress envelops the warmth of one's body. You will be surprised at, which sea bliss today it is possible to feel fromnude massage in Midtown.
[url=https://bestbodyworkmassage.blogspot.com/2021/10/nuru-massage-nyc-mix-massage-with.html%5D30 инстаграм блогеров на которых стоит подписаться Canva[/url]