DailyDirt: On The Way, The Paper Bag Was On My Knee…
from the urls-we-dig-up dept
There doesn’t seem to be a “Black Friday” for getting good deals on booking flights. Maybe there is a single day of the year to buy really discounted plane tickets — if you know what day that is, please let everyone know in the comments. But technically, it probably takes more than a single day of ticket sales for the airline industry to get into the black for the year. In any case, here are some more stories about airlines and how they treat their customers.
- Spirit Airlines tweeted about a $9 ticket deal, but neglected to mention the fees and taxes — resulting in a $50,000 fine for the airline. Beware what you tweet, airline marketing folks. [url]
- A guy from Chicago is suing Southwest Airlines for canceling his free drink coupons before he got to use them. He says Southwest owes him 45 free alcoholic drinks, and he’s looking for other flyers who didn’t get their free drinks to join him in a class action suit. [url]
- David Phillips will always be remembered by bargain hunters for turning about $3,000 worth of pudding into 1.2 million frequent flier miles. For every 10 UPC codes he collected, he earned 500-1,000 miles on American Airlines. [url]
- Virgin America CEO David Cush tells it like it is when asked about who came up with a good idea. “This was designed before my time but as I tell people, as time goes on and memories fade it will become my idea.” [url]
- To discover more interesting business-related content, check out what the deal is on StumbleUpon. [url]
By the way, StumbleUpon can recommend some good Techdirt articles, too.