DailyDirt: No 9000 Computer Has Ever Made A Mistake Or Distorted Information…
from the urls-we-dig-up dept
The “Singularity” describes a future when technology obtains superhuman intelligence — and when people won’t be able to outwit their technological creations. So far, humans have lost to computers playing chess and Jeopardy! (and a few other games) — but machines aren’t our overlords just yet. Here are a few more datapoints pointing to better and better artificial intelligence.
- Artificial intelligence projects are slowly encroaching into the fields of science.. and law. We’ll have to automate the creation of bad lawyer jokes to keep up. [url]
- Ray Kurzweil predicts automated language translations that are as good as human translations by the year 2029 I predict there will be exponential growth of hilariously bad translated text in 2030. [url]
- Workplace robots could be more helpful if they just had better machine vision. Industrial robots could expand beyond repetitive tasks if they could see and recognize changes. [url]
- Maybe we can distract our future computerized masters by pitting them against each other (playing Ms Pac-Man?). The only winning move is not to play… [url]
- To discover more interesting robot-related content, check out what’s currently floating around the StumbleUpon universe. [url]
By the way, StumbleUpon can recommend some good Techdirt articles, too.