DailyDirt: Living Out Of A Box (Literally)
from the urls-we-dig-up dept
The real estate market hasn’t recovered from the financial crisis, and it looks like lots of folks are asking themselves whether or not owning a home is really that important anymore. Cheaper housing options could offer some answers, so here are just a few examples of homes made out of shipping containers.
- Shipping containers: a nice place to visit, but I wouldn’t want to live there. Maybe a really fancy shipping container could compete with some mobile homes…? [url]
- Using shipping containers as housing for disaster relief projects sounds like a good idea. But doing so might attach a certain stigma to shipping container homes. [url]
- IKEA hopes you’ll furnish your new shipping container home with its products… Some assembly required. [url]
- Forget the one laptop per child for $100. How about one house per family for $1000? And as with OLPC, the prototypes actually cost a lot more — but we’re getting there. [url]
- If you’re looking for more architecture projects, check out what’s currently floating around the StumbleUpon universe. [url] ?
By the way, StumbleUpon can recommend some good Techdirt articles, too.