More WiFi Freakouts In The UK
from the get-me-my-tin-foil dept
We’re not sure what’s going on over the in UK with WiFi, but following the story last week about parents freaking out about WiFi in schools comes a story about a woman who says that her home WiFi router made her sick — and that she’s sensitive enough to tell if there’s WiFi in a room as soon as she enters it. It’s a claim that plenty of people are dubious of, and one that could be pretty easily tested. Given the proliferation of WiFi access points in towns and cities, you’d imagine this woman would run into problems plenty of places other than her house, too. As in previous stories, there’s the claim that WiFi hasn’t yet been proven safe. Of course, it hasn’t yet been proven unsafe beyond this type of anecdotal evidence, either. And waiting tens of years for long-term studies to vet any new technology before allowing its use would do little more than stifle the benefits it could offer. In the meantime, though, there’s always foil beanies. Update: Forget the foil beanies, these hypersensitive people could just slather themselves in anti-electromagnetic radiation cream from a cosmetics company, that’s made of “molecules derived from microorganisms living near undersea volcanoes and from plants which survive in extreme conditions such as alongside motorways and in Siberia”. There’s not much WiFi in those places, so the stuff must work.