Mobile Phone Bills That Kill
from the if-you-look-at-it,-you'll-die dept
This has all the makings of an urban legend, so we’ll assume it’s false (or there was more to the story) until proven otherwise, but there’s a news report going around that someone in Yemen died of shock after seeing his mobile phone bill. The man apparently did suffer from heart problems and had a heart attack after seeing the bill, run up nice and high by a chatty daughter who apparently liked to talk to her fiance quite a bit using her father’s mobile phone. Now, fathers everywhere can tell their chatty teens to stop running up super high phone bills, or it might kill them. Failing that, they can just (1) make the kids pay the phone bill themselves or (2) sign up for a prepay service. But, of course, that doesn’t make for quite the same sensationalistic story.