How Wireless Video Is Being Used In Japan

KDDI released information on why customers selected video-capable phones, and how they are using them. As expected in the tech-eager Japanese market, 40.3% of video-phone buyers chose it simply because it was the latest model, while 35.8% specifically wanted the video functions. Additionally, the video functions are used to communicate with family and friends, and 42.8% use it to record video as well as view. Just over 12% noted that it takes longer to send video mail than text mail – I guess the other 88% weren’t counting?

Add Your Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Have a Techdirt Account? Sign in now. Want one? Register here

Comment Options:

Make this the or (get credits or sign in to see balance) what's this?

What's this?

Techdirt community members with Techdirt Credits can spotlight a comment as either the "First Word" or "Last Word" on a particular comment thread. Credits can be purchased at the Techdirt Insider Shop »

Follow Techdirt

Techdirt Daily Newsletter

Techdirt Deals
Techdirt Insider Discord
The latest chatter on the Techdirt Insider Discord channel...