With all of the recent lawsuits claiming that Google unfairly promotes its own sites and the sites of its partners in search rankings, it's interesting to see that the company has put out an SEO report card that is quite critical of some of its own sites for failing to do some pretty basic search engine optimization practices. While this may be the point that Google is trying to make, it certainly suggests that Google treats its own sites on the same basis as outside sites, contrary to the claims in the lawsuits.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Appeals Court Considers Overturning Ruling That APIs Can't Be Covered By Copyright
- Cartoonist Donna Barstow Reappears To Generate More Negative Press While Attempting To Stifle Year-Old Negative Press
- 'Internet Lawyer' Charles Carreon Has A New Best Friend And He's An SEO Expert Who Hates Anonymous Critics
- Dear HuffPo: Feel Free To Send Techdirt Traffic
- Brazilian Newspapers Apparently Don't Want Traffic; They All Opt Out Of Google News