A year and a half ago, there was a big story about what was clearly an "astroturf" campaign against municipal broadband. The report was designed to look like an independent look at municipal broadband, but was actually by a group closely associated with the telcos. The report had various problems, including quoting someone from Techdirt out of context to support their point. Now, Broadband Reports notes that the same organization behind the report, Issue Dynamics, is involved in handing out "ethics" awards for the telco industry. And people wonder why intellectually dishonest arguments are seen as perfectly fine in the industry.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- DailyDirt: Technology Is Changing The Way We Talk Because Internetz, LOL
- Joe Biden Tells Chinese Citizens To 'Challenge The Government,' Neglects To Mention His Administration Doesn't Like Being Challenged
- Holy See (The Pope) Criticizes TPP And TAFTA/TTIP In WTO Speech
- Xbox, PS4 Games Hitting Swearing Gamers With Technical Fouls
- A Tour Through The Bizarre Mind Of An NSA Defender: Discrediting Activists By Using Their Porn Surfing Is Just Like Journalism!