Yes, we all realize that the internet and all that "long tail" stuff means that perhaps there really is a space for narrowly focused niche sites... but did anyone really expect an online dating site for orangutans? Turns out some zookeepers are setting up such a site with the hope of seeing if orangutans from different zoos are compatible with each other. The mating ritual will involve allowing the orangutans to give each other some food at the push of a button. Of course, there are still a few logistical problems to work out: they need to come up with "ape-proof cables and screens," for example. Obviously, this is more of a publicity move to draw interest in orangutans than any real attempt to get them to date, but it's still an amusing reminder that, while the internet is about communicating, it doesn't necessarily need to be between humans.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Police Chief To Be Paid In Bitcoin, But Mostly As A Publicity Stunt Gimmick
- Finally, We Have Proof That The Washington Redskins Are Run By Replicants
- DailyDirt: Solar System Factoids
- Lindsay Lohan Is Reportedly Asking Her Lawyers About Going After GTA5 For Non-Portrayal
- NSA Gave Employees Ridiculous 'Talking Points' To Spread Among Friends And Family Over The Holidays