More than three years ago, when US politicians set up the "kids-only" domain of .kids.us, we wondered how many sites would actually bother with it, noting the "chicken and egg" problem the domain faced. We now have an answer. Three years into the experiment, there are a grand total of 21 sites hosted in the special .kids.us domain. Yes: twenty one. A thriving community. It probably doesn't help that to host there you have to pay about $400 a year for registration and "content review" vs. $7 or so to register a .com. Somehow, we're confident that .xxx won't face the same problem.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Comedic Artistry In Amazon Reviews
- GoldieBlox Pulls Beastie Boys Video, Promises To Drop Legal Dispute
- It's Not Such A Wonderful Public Domain, As Paramount Plans To Block 'It's A Wonderful Life' Sequel
- The MPAA's Plan To Piss Off Young Moviegoers And Make Them Less Interested In Going To Theaters
- Shocking Revelation: Websites For Cheating On Your Spouse Are BSing You