This was mentioned earlier this week in the Wall Street Journal, but without a non-paid source to point to, we skipped over it. However, Amazon has apparently had enough of authors reviewing their own books on the site and has put in a new system that will require a credit card as proof of identification before you can add a new review to the site. Might be interesting to see what kind of impact this has on reviews... and sales.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Comedic Artistry In Amazon Reviews
- GoldieBlox Pulls Beastie Boys Video, Promises To Drop Legal Dispute
- It's Not Such A Wonderful Public Domain, As Paramount Plans To Block 'It's A Wonderful Life' Sequel
- The MPAA's Plan To Piss Off Young Moviegoers And Make Them Less Interested In Going To Theaters
- Shocking Revelation: Websites For Cheating On Your Spouse Are BSing You