You know those early termination fees that the wireless carriers like to lock you into? An article on the sorts of complaints people have with their mobile phone providers includes the story of a man who died. When his wife tried to cancel his mobile phone service, she was told she needed to pay the "early termination" fee. Early termination, indeed. The rest of the article includes all of the typical complaints, and points out what everyone knows already: wireless customer service is dreadful and the wireless carriers know it.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- T-Mobile Bucks Another Crazy Mobile Phone Trend: Dumps International Roaming Charges
- How Ruling On WiFi Snooping Means Security Researchers May Face Criminal Liability
- DailyDirt: Get Your Own Satellite
- Court Says WiFi Isn't Radio Because It's Not Audio; Therefore WiFi Sniffing Can Be Wiretapping
- DailyDirt: Is There A Better Word For Wireless?