Oh that FBI. They sure can raid high schools to stop file sharing, but when it comes to tracking down terrorist threats, it appears that they're a little confused by reality. LawMeme points us to a story about how the FBI was especially worried about "reclusive but evil millionaire" Don Emilio Fulci who supposedly "had formed a terrorist group that was planning chemical attacks against London and Washington, D.C.." The threat was considered so great that it was listed in their daily "threat matrix" and FBI director Robert Mueller was briefed. Apparently, it took a bored Whitehouse staffer to do some research on Google and figure out that this "evil" millionaire was actually just a character in a video game. Of course, I just did a Google search on the name and not much turns up other than the US News article linked here. Yahoo's search, however, turns up an FAQ for the video game.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Police Who Seized Woman's Phone As 'Evidence' Of Bogus Crime Now Complaining About Criticism
- NY Police Chief Kelly Taking $1.5 Million Worth Of Publicly-Funded Bodyguards With Him When He Retires
- Newest Leak Shows NSA, GCHQ Infiltrated World Of Warcraft, Second Life
- Prenda's Paul Duffy Claims To Be 'Too Devastated' By Nelson Mandela's Death To Comment
- Police Chief To Be Paid In Bitcoin, But Mostly As A Publicity Stunt Gimmick