These days with the quest for "universal coverage" becoming more important to mobile phone companies they have to be more creative than ever to figure out how to hide new cell towers. This story from the BBC details how a company that used to build the sets for Aardman Animation (think Wallace and Gromit) is now working out ways to help the mobile phone companies hide their towers in fake chimneys, flag poles, or other architectural shields.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- T-Mobile Bucks Another Crazy Mobile Phone Trend: Dumps International Roaming Charges
- How Ruling On WiFi Snooping Means Security Researchers May Face Criminal Liability
- DailyDirt: Get Your Own Satellite
- Court Says WiFi Isn't Radio Because It's Not Audio; Therefore WiFi Sniffing Can Be Wiretapping
- DailyDirt: Is There A Better Word For Wireless?