One of the most popular Silicon Valley stories - that eBay was started by Pierre Omidyar to help his girlfriend find collectible Pez dispensers is a myth made up by an eBay PR person to get people more interested in the company. It worked. That story has been told so many times that it's pretty much part of the standard "Silicon Valley story". It seems that even the good stories, like the products from so many dot coms, were pure vaporware.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- DailyDirt: Safe Until Proven Harmful
- Former NSA Officer: Wikileaks Is A Front For Russian Intelligence And Snowden's (Probably) A Spy
- Did Ed Snowden Actually Write His Latest 'Statement'?
- Lawyer Suggests That Prenda Law May Have Only 'Released' Movies It Sued Over As A Honeypot For Lawsuits
- DailyDirt: Lobsters -- Sea Food Different